Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW, the guy posting does legitimately cover sports for the Miami Herald. Have no idea how reliable he is or has been in the past, if he actually has any insider knowledge, etc. Here is a snip from the article where he mentions this: 

was just looking him up yeah...who knows at this point.
Seems wild, but shows you that OT is such a valuable position if true.

10 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I 100% don't believe BOB without a GM in place has the authority to move a future 1st. 

But that may be why he does. I don't know...organizations can be amazingly dysfunctional. The 49ers allowed Trent Balke to give 5 years, 35 million to VAnce McDonald despite him never catching more than 30 passes or having more than 400 yards in a season with the third highest total in guarantees for tight ends at the time, despite the fact that Baalke was headed out the door and fired 3 weeks later. Vance was traded by the new staff before he ever got to play a down under the extension. 

BOB trying to YOLO this for the super bowl and he could potentially sell ownership on that, you never know. The talent is there except for that line. 

16 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Where do you guys actually rank Clowney amongst the league’s edge rushers? 

Depends on what you are referring to. As an overall defender? He's pretty high. Very solid all around. Very active against the run and blows up some plays. Gets to quite a few plays in the backfield. The problem is, I want my Edge guy to be a pass rusher first and foremost, so I'll gladly suffer Dee Ford's inadequacies against the run if he's going to give me 5 extra sacks a year.

As a pass rusher? This is where it's just weird. He actually gets to the quarterback a fair amount. Did you know that he had more QB hits than Khalil Mack last year? Ryan Kerrigan? Chandler Jones? Danielle Hunter? Had the same amount as Cameron Jordan in fewer games. Yet he's never had a double digit sack season. It's really bizarre. Not sure if a Texan fan can explain that too me or not. But clearly, he's just a step behind or something (I don't mean that athletically, of course). It reminds me of the Deforest Buckner season a couple of years ago as a niner fan - Buckner was pretty high up in QB hits (over 20), but managed only 3 sacks that year. That evened out / corrected last year when he had similar hits, but managed 12 sacks (a little more in line with typical pass rushing seasons for guys). But it's like Clowney has never quite evened out 

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

I 100% don't believe BOB without a GM in place has the authority to move a future 1st. 

You are assuming HOU has a normal system of organizational accountability and decision making.   Given the way Gaine got canned and FA signings like Osweiler went down (offer made without bringing him in), that doesn’t appear to be the case.  

Ppl forget when HOU paid 2 1sts to move up to get Watson many viewed it as a huge overpay as there were real doubts on his ability to succeed in the NFL.  Now obv that’s more than vindicated but it highlights if HOU ownership thinks they are 1 player away they will pay up.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Seriously, Clowney AND A FIRST!? WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT!?

THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! THIS IS ALL A BAD DREAM! NO, THIS ISN'T REAL LIFE, YOU DON'T KNOW REAL LIFE! I DIED! THAT'S THE ONLY SOLUTION, I MUST HAVE DIED! I SLIPPED AND FELL AND HIT MY HEAD ON DRAFT NIGHT, RIGHT BEFORE THE EAGLES TRADED UP! I MUST BE DEAD!

I'M IN HELL! I'M IN HELL AND IT BURNS!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

It can't be true that the Dolphins turned down Clowney plus a first... Tunsil isn't near elite at his position. 

He's the only stable lineman we have and is trending upwards so it would be dumb to trade him in general.

Clowney plus a 1st would be too good to pass up though.

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Seriously, Clowney AND A FIRST!? WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT!?

THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! THIS IS ALL A BAD DREAM! NO, THIS ISN'T REAL LIFE, YOU DON'T KNOW REAL LIFE! I DIED! THAT'S THE ONLY SOLUTION, I MUST HAVE DIED! I SLIPPED AND FELL AND HIT MY HEAD ON DRAFT NIGHT, RIGHT BEFORE THE EAGLES TRADED UP! I MUST BE DEAD!

I'M IN HELL! I'M IN HELL AND IT BURNS!

fingers crossed ET that that Tunsil trade revolt report is real

that trade is next level dumb

that values him at like a 3rd or worse.

If you have to trade him..,,

Tunsil (for Clowney + 2020 1st) or Vaitai, a depth RB/CB, and a 2020 3rd (for Clowney)

which is worse to you ET?