The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

First of all, the fan club has one person, me. Second, if he's not here, as with any player I like, I just don't want him playing for a contender. I guarantee SF would have been all over him given Kwon's injury. 

And me, been lobbying for him for 4-5 years, ever since he left the Titans 

just like Dansby before him...since he left the Cards, the 1st time.

Edited by fattlipp
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Welcome to the fan club. I know @Outpost31 really wants to join. He loves Brown.

Yeah, no, I don’t want anything to do with Brown.  I just Lol at you every time you mention him.  He’s been let go by like four teams in 6 years and he was cut in the middle of this season and spent like 2 or 3 weeks as a free agent.  

I’m sure you love Kiko Alonso, too.

• Like 1

Steelers cut Moncrief.  Liked him coming out pretty fast receiver.  Dislocated his finger in training camp and then had a bad case of the drops with the Steelers.  Flamed out badly but still he's better then some guys on our roster.  Steelers cut him to get back a 3rd round comp for Bell. See if anyone picks him up.  Dunno think he's worth a look.  So late in the season it's hard to make these kind of moves the WR has to learn the offense and that takes time.  So does getting chemistry with Rodgers.  Not going to happen but he's one of the better guys available right now assuming his finger is OK.   One man's trash is another man's treasure.  Or one man's trash is just trash.  But hey this is the kick the tires thread I'd kick the tires on him.

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Steelers cut Moncrief.  Liked him coming out pretty fast receiver.  Dislocated his finger in training camp and then had a bad case of the drops with the Steelers.  Flamed out badly but still he's better then some guys on our roster.  Steelers cut him to get back a 3rd round comp for Bell. See if anyone picks him up.  Dunno think he's worth a look.  So late in the season it's hard to make these kind of moves the WR has to learn the offense and that takes time.  So does getting chemistry with Rodgers.  Not going to happen but he's one of the better guys available right now assuming his finger is OK.   One man's trash is another man's treasure.  Or one man's trash is just trash.  But hey this is the kick the tires thread I'd kick the tires on him.

He's been absolutely unplayable this year, but ignoring this year, he's better than Kumerow, I'd be all over this pickup. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He's been absolutely unplayable this year, but ignoring this year, he's better than Kumerow, I'd be all over this pickup. 

Wondering if it had to do with that dislocated finger.  Looked up the injury because of Bulaga.  6 week heal time but perhaps he kept aggravating it before it became fully healed.  Could explain his drops.  He looked pretty good at Indy.