The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

9 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Are KR and PR abilities interchangeable? 

I'd argue that they are not.  Some can do both, though.

KR is kind of like a running back.  Get some speed, find a seam and explode through it.  

Punt returns is more about quickness and agility right away.  Tougher to catch a punt, too.

Think of Patterson, who is the best KR I've seen since Hester (who could do both).  Patterson is fast, but it takes time to get to top speed.  He's not shifty.  Punt returning is a lot more about shiftiness.

And what you need from a PR is high football IQ.  Awareness of the field.  Moreso than a KR.

Not completely interchangeable.  But we've got junk back there now for both.  It's so bad on KR that teams are kicking it high and short daring us to return it.  Part of that is on the return unit's blocking.  But a lot of that has to do with the skill guys we've got back there.

35 minutes ago, Howler said:

Not against the elite ones that can outquick and outrun him. He's not Julio Jones. 

I think this is a poor excuse to trade for a WR. Ive seen a lot of horrible reasons we should trade for a wideout but not trusting Davante Adams takes the cake. 

Edited by Nick_gb

Just now, vegas492 said:

I read about that.  Can't believe they traded him to them. Just another day and another crushed dream of mine.

It seems clear the NYJs wanted to move on from the guy and this is probably the best offer they'd received.
If you're the borderline loser NYGs, it's a lot to give up for a 2020 UFA - but - perhaps the guy really likes the NY scene and they've got a leg up to extending him.