League Wide Cuts

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

He has entered, "we will bring him in for a visit if one our quarterbacks gets hurt" territory, I think. 

Maybe, but at 23 with a nice arm and athleticism someone probably signs him thinking they can make him an NFL QB. I don't think they can, but maybe the Bills can make him Josh Allen light.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Maybe, but at 23 with a nice arm and athleticism someone probably signs him thinking they can make him an NFL QB. I don't think they can, but maybe the Bills can make him Josh Allen light.

He may get PS somewhere. I can't see anyone willing to bring him on as a backup though, tbh. Not at this point, and most teams don't like carrying 3. If you gave me the choice, I'd probably take a chance on Lauletta before I gave one to Kizer. 

Just now, Forge said:

He may get PS somewhere. I can't see anyone willing to bring him on as a backup though, tbh. Not at this point, and most teams don't like carrying 3. If you gave me the choice, I'd probably take a chance on Lauletta before I gave one to Kizer. 

I wouldn't want him because I've been through a season with Kizer and nothing he has done with the Packers changes my mind but people like tools and he has them. I agree you are right but I think someone will do something wrong.

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW it’s only the preseason but Singletary actually looked good with pass catching.   And he was a great blocker in college.   I actually think he’s the McCoy successor as a 3-down back.  Maybe not this year but by next year...

I had him listed as a great receiver in the 2019 NFL Draft RBs thread. He, Damien Harris, Tony Pollard, and Myles Sanders were the ones that I heard were showing fantastic receiving skills in the Pre-Draft process. I don't remember where, but somewhere had a breakdown showing how (albeit based on a really small sample size and a few workouts) Harris and Singletary, in particular, were showing better receiving potential than Darwin Thompson and Trayveon Williams.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Raider cut Keelan Doss. Really interesting dude. Kind of surprised that they are willing to risk losing him. I thought raiders fans had said he played well this preseason, and he was a super interesting draft prospect. 

Yup I'm pissed about this. He did play well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I had him listed as a great receiver in the 2019 NFL Draft RBs thread. He, Damien Harris, Tony Pollard, and Myles Sanders were the ones that I heard were showing fantastic receiving skills in the Pre-Draft process. I don't remember where, but somewhere had a breakdown showing how (albeit based on a really small sample size and a few workouts) Harris and Singletary, in particular, were showing better receiving potential than Darwin Thompson and Trayveon Williams.

The intangible that puts Jacobs, Monty & Singletary as potentially special receiving RB’s - they are complete pass blockers.   Add in good hands and elusiveness / ability to make guys miss and that’s a recipe for 3-down RB duties.  

Both Monty and Singletary lack breakaway speed but that’s the most overrated skill for RB.   I think Monty ends up being the top RB but for value Singletary ends up as the surprise RB breakout.   And I have nothing but love for Hill & Thompson's ceiling.   

Edited by Broncofan