The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

Could he change his mind after combine and pro days?

Seems like he is gambling on being a day 1 pick, if he slides he's gonna take a financial hit and if he doesn't become a starting NFL QB by the end of his rookie contract, he's screwed. I would've taken the safer road to a nice life and went baseball if I were him. No guts, no glory I guess

29 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Could he change his mind after combine and pro days?

Seems like he is gambling on being a day 1 pick, if he slides he's gonna take a financial hit and if he doesn't become a starting NFL QB by the end of his rookie contract, he's screwed. I would've taken the safer road to a nice life and went baseball if I were him. No guts, no glory I guess

he made a pretty definitive statement, walking that back would be problematic. If he measures in as short as people say, it could give teams a lot of doubts about investing early in him. Baker had tons of questions before the combine and he measured just iver 6'... he towers over murray too. This was a pretty bad decision on murrays part to be so definitive imo.

14 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

he made a pretty definitive statement, walking that back would be problematic. If he measures in as short as people say, it could give teams a lot of doubts about investing early in him. Baker had tons of questions before the combine and he measured just iver 6'... he towers over murray too. This was a pretty bad decision on murrays part to be so definitive imo.

We don't care about definitive in society today.  He can focus on the NFL draft and has to say something like this because he wants to get drafted higher.  If he isn't and goes to baseball, the A's will take him back with open arms.  Even if he plays football for three years, he would still be welcomed back to baseball if he flames out just like Drew Henson. 

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean you wanna bet on being a 5'8'' 160 pound QB more power too ya and all but he's probably going to regret that choice when it hurts to walk when he's 35.

As someone who doesn't love his career choice, I absolutely appreciate the fact that Murray is choosing the option he has the most passion for.  But yeah, his passion probably isn't steering him towards the more prudent decision.

Murray will be a top 10 pick (QB's always rise come draft day) and will get $15+ mil guaranteed.  Curious to see how much he weighs at the combine.  If it's under 185, he isn't lasting long.  Russell Wilson is 5'10", but he's also 205-210 lbs.  That's a huge difference in body mass and being able to absorb those hits.  If Kyler weighs in 195-200, then that concern lessens a bit (assuming his quickness doesn't take a hit).

8 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Murray will be a top 10 pick (QB's always rise come draft day) and will get $15+ mil guaranteed.  Curious to see how much he weighs at the combine.  If it's under 185, he isn't lasting long.  Russell Wilson is 5'10", but he's also 205-210 lbs.  That's a huge difference in body mass and being able to absorb those hits.  If Kyler weighs in 195-200, then that concern lessens a bit (assuming his quickness doesn't take a hit).

Will he be a top 10 pick? He gotta have a hell of a combine and pro day in order to go ahead of Haskins and Daniel Jones is rising fast

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

Will he be a top 10 pick? He gotta have a hell of a combine and pro day in order to go ahead of Haskins and Daniel Jones is rising fast

Lamar Jackson as the 32nd overall pick last year got more guaranteed money than Kyler Murray got from the A's.  He doesn't even have to be a top 10 pick to make more money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lamar Jackson as the 32nd overall pick last year got more guaranteed money than Kyler Murray got from the A's.  He doesn't even have to be a top 10 pick to make more money.

Ok? My post was more directed at another member claiming Kyler Murray being a top 10 pick this spring. Not about making more money

But to touch on your post, In all likelihood he will make more money off the hop but I don't believe he'll be a starting QB by the end of his rookie contract and has a better chance long term in MLB

12 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think he'll go ahead of Jones, and Haskins will be a top 5 pick when it's all said and done.  QB's almost always rise.  I won't be shocked if Haskins ends up #1 overall.

Edited by THE DUKE