Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

9 hours ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Musing over whether to buy a gaming system.  Never be a PlayStation guy; owned Nintendos growing up and have played on Xbox systems owned by friends intermittently since college.  Once it comes out, would an Xbox X be a better choice than a Nintendo Switch?   I have one main draw to each system personally.  If I went Xbox, I could play Fifa online with my best friend rather than having to go over to his place to do so.  If I went Switch, I could play LoZ Breath of the Wild (and eventually its sequel). I'm a big Zelda fan.  I kind of consider those two a wash as far as positives go, so I'm looking for other arguments for and against each system to differentiate. 

It sounds like you would enjoy Switch the most.  If you’re buying now, I would go Switch.  If you want to hold off a few months, you can either get the new PS5/XBox, or just wait until those release, and the current gen consoles drop in price.  

7 hours ago, Xmad said:

You can get an xbox and a switch pretty dirty cheap. $200 vs $300 depending on where you look for both. Switch gonna be hard to find but stock is getting ebtter.

I mean there's literally 0 point to buying an xbox rn unless you just wanna play with a friend, Xbox one S is $200-250 but like in less than 3 months it's replacement comes out.

Yea, I wasn't considering an Xbox One.  My comparison here is between the new one coming out soon and the Switch. 

5 hours ago, fraziafraze07 said:

Yea, I wasn't considering an Xbox One.  My comparison here is between the new one coming out soon and the Switch. 

I'd say go for the xbox, fun with friends>exclusives imo.

Switch has better games though cause Xbox has *Looks at list* Halo. 

On 8/31/2020 at 8:57 PM, fraziafraze07 said:

Musing over whether to buy a gaming system.  Never be a PlayStation guy; owned Nintendos growing up and have played on Xbox systems owned by friends intermittently since college.  Once it comes out, would an Xbox X be a better choice than a Nintendo Switch?   I have one main draw to each system personally.  If I went Xbox, I could play Fifa online with my best friend rather than having to go over to his place to do so.  If I went Switch, I could play LoZ Breath of the Wild (and eventually its sequel). I'm a big Zelda fan.  I kind of consider those two a wash as far as positives go, so I'm looking for other arguments for and against each system to differentiate. 

There apparently will be an upgraded Switch that comes out next year, it’s been rumored for a long time. Which is relevant because you could wait and get the current one cheap, or get the better version.

I’ve really enjoyed the Switch, but don’t think it’ll ever be my main console. It’s great for the Nintendo games and indie games, but big 3rd party games come out later or not at all on it. And when they do they are often noticeably  worse with graphics and/or frame rate. So it’s really a great 2nd system to have, wether you play on Xbox, PC or PlayStation.

I’d say get the Xbox Series X out of the two of them. Then maybe pick up a switch on sale next year to have when you are on the go, or want to play one of their exclusives. The Breath of the Wild sequel seems like it might be coming out with the upgraded switch timing wise, though I’m sure it’ll play on both versions...the last one was on WiiU too.

Oh **** the Until Dawn/Man of Medan team dropped another game. I’ll have to check it out cause I did have fun with those although I hope it isn’t a glitchfest. I had a character die in Man of Medan despite me making the right choices and didn’t know how he died til the end of the Game when it showed his death that didn’t actually happen. I was confused why his narrative had ended until that point lol

On 9/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

The THPS 1&2 Remakes got me all in my nostalgic feels. Awesome games

How is it now that you've had it for more than just a day?  I really want to get it but can't tell if it'll be the kind of game I play for a weekend for nostalgia sake and then never pick up again. 

34 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

How is it now that you've had it for more than just a day?  I really want to get it but can't tell if it'll be the kind of game I play for a weekend for nostalgia sake and then never pick up again. 

I mean I played the hell out of the original games so I still love it. I’m not one that can play games for hours so I haven’t even beaten THPS1 yet. Think I’ve only unlocked 5 levels so far and it definitely presents a challenge. Brings me back to my 10 year old self when I couldn’t get the sick score or find all the skate letters and get pissed off. Definitely hope they go back and remake the rest of the series especially on the next consoles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

The challenges they have implemented give you goals to work towards to unlock different boards and gear. The run through the total of 18 maps between THPS1+2 is pretty quick but there is a lot of replayability with custom skaters and different side challenges to work towards, and the multiplayer is quick and fun. 8 people together in a lobby going for the top spot. It's fun, I've been playing for about 4 days now and as a huge fan growing up I see myself picking it up often. It was worth the $40 to me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

The challenges they have implemented give you goals to work towards to unlock different boards and gear. The run through the total of 18 maps between THPS1+2 is pretty quick but there is a lot of replayability with custom skaters and different side challenges to work towards, and the multiplayer is quick and fun. 8 people together in a lobby going for the top spot. It's fun, I've been playing for about 4 days now and as a huge fan growing up I see myself picking it up often. It was worth the $40 to me.

The $40 titles are a thing now, I guess.  Star Wars: Squadrons will be $40, as is this game.  I've always said I would pay scaling money for the kind of game and experience so I'd like to see that kind of dynamic pricing come into play.