The Time Has Come - Browns/Titans GDT Thread

FGK

Browns GDT Poll  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who do ya got?

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m hoping Henry puts up 200 and 3 TD’s in a losing effort.

Yeah I'd rather our run D not look like total crap than your fantasy team to have him do well. I expect the other members of my team to make up for the failures of players playing against the Browns so I don't root for them even if they are on my team. I'll still think "well at least he is on my fantasy team" but it's just a consolation to a failure. Should I use quotes if I just think the thought? Probably not. Gonna have to start talking to myself so I can use quotes properly.

I don't fear Henry at all. Maybe I'm wrong but I think 16 carries for 56 yards sounds about right. You may want to bench him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It would be different if we had average or below average talent, the offense shouldn't have to be in sync to put up points with the talent we have.

I'm not going to worry about upgrades at the coaching positions and Freddie is a carry over and the most important piece.

We've still looked better than our oppositions offensive lines. I suspect more of the same Sunday.

You are mounting a challenge to @buno67 as a homer?

46 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Probably not but maybe? My expectations are 10 wins. I would be a bit disappointed with 9 wins and anything less than that a major disappointment.

With those expectations you will need to mask troubled areas and highlight strengths and you can do that when you have a lot of strengths like we do.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:
5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It would be different if we had average or below average talent, the offense shouldn't have to be in sync to put up points with the talent we have.

I'm not going to worry about upgrades at the coaching positions and Freddie is a carry over and the most important piece.

We've still looked better than our oppositions offensive lines. I suspect more of the same Sunday.

He isnt wrong tho.

People are worried thast the offense my not bein sync...so, they should still put up easily 21 points because of just the raw talent they have. Which is crazy to say because it was so hard for other teams in the past to just crack 17 pts. Also the offense could be afforded time because the defense should be ready to go. Our DL is going to be nasty!

Same with Freddie. He is a carry over and had his offensive mind set already established with team. He isnt like most first year HCs who had to learn the ins and outs of an organzation and a roster. He had that under his belt. Also just the way Freddie is so personal with players. The way he goes out of his way to show them respect, that they will return that and by doing so, seems like they have bought in with Freddie and will play for him. Which too me, seems to be the biggest factor in the NFL. Do the players believe the coach and by into him. Hence why Hue sucked, the roster saw through his crap

People worry about the offensive line. There is a level of concerned but I think if the DL dominates like they should and the offense and the talent comes out and puts up some points, that the Browns can start dictating what the opposing defense is going to do. Lot of the games last year when the browns lost, they got stuck trying to play the opposings teams kind of game. I think this year, the Browns will be the ones doing that.

Edited by buno67

I just worry about trying to tackle a 6’4 250 LBs runningback that runs a 4.5 forty.

I am not worried about Mariota. His scrambling will be annoying, but not his arm. For some perspective, Bakers rookie year throwing is equal to Mariotas best career year throwing. Baker didn’t even play 2 games.

Edited by candyman93

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I'd rather our run D not look like total crap than your fantasy team to have him do well. I expect the other members of my team to make up for the failures of players playing against the Browns so I don't root for them even if they are on my team. I'll still think "well at least he is on my fantasy team" but it's just a consolation to a failure. Should I use quotes if I just think the thought? Probably not. Gonna have to start talking to myself so I can use quotes properly.

I don't fear Henry at all. Maybe I'm wrong but I think 16 carries for 56 yards sounds about right. You may want to bench him.

I was joking, I couldn’t care less about fantasy football.

Besides, I have Baker Mayfield.   That should take care of everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How does that happen?  

You’d think at some point well before 11 sacks someone would have made some adjustments.

If you give up 11 sacks, it’s a combination of 3 things:

1. QB holding on to the ball to long. Could be a scheme problem, lack of WR separation or a QB not processing defenses.

2. Offensive line getting *** whooped.

3. Defense playing out of their minds.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If you give up 11 sacks, it’s a combination of 3 things:

1. QB holding on to the ball to long. Could be a scheme problem, lack of WR separation or a QB not processing defenses.

2. Offensive line getting *** whooped.

3. Defense playing out of their minds.

Mariota only attempted 15 passes.

That’s nearly every other pass attempt.

Holy hell.