GDT Week 1 | Dwayne Hoskins Experience v Philadelphia Body Image

Blahstoise

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dak and this offense under Moore is humming. Granted they are facing a weak Giants defense/secondary.

Still our defensive backs need to play better than they did today. Would help if we got more pressure too to help them out.

Yeah, look good 

Giants helping them out a lot with dumb penalties and bad players, I’m sure cowboys fans will take it with the grain of salt it deserves tho

So I see 2 huge issues, one fixable, 1 not so much

-Slow start on offense. Normally you'd just say "week 1 and we didn't play our starters much in preseason," but that'd be foolish when this exact problem plagued us all last season. Doug's scripted plays have sucked, and he it would seem he takes way too long to adjust and figure out the opposing Ds. Sure, better late than never, but we'll lose a LOT of games we shouldn't if we keep up with the slow starts like we did in 2018.

-The secondary. Playoff secondary was a mirage, this unit is bunk. No playmakers. Maybe it's the scheme, maybe Schwartz simply asks for our secondary to cover for too long when the vanilla 4 man rush is stuffed, but then you see Terry just burn the entire unit 2x for what should have been 2 70+ yard TD catches. That's just bad DB play. Darby had 2 play that jump out where he did everything right but make the play: jumping the route and dropping the INT, and then when he got underneath the throw but the WR just plucked it over him. I think Darby is overall a good cover guy, but everyone else? Probably mediocre. I am using a lot of "maybes" and "probably" because let's be real, without analyzing the all-22, it's very hard to determine exactly what is wrong with the pass D. Clearly, it's an issue though. 380 yards and 3 TDs to Case Keenum!? Red alert. 

I can be optimistic that the slow offensive starts go away, but I don't see the porous pass D changing any time soon, and that would be a problem.

• Like 1