FA 2020

drfrey13

5 hours ago, true2form said:

I thought the same thing too until I did some digging.  Might be a good get for the right price, but I doubt he can keep up the numbers to match the pay.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-free-agent-jordan-phillips-buffalo-bills-2020

The casual fan will look at Phillips’ stat line and think this was a breakout year. He had 10 sacks after recording just six in his first four seasons combined. The issue is that the sacks didn’t come as a result of Phillips winning more of his pass-rushes or showing dominant reps with quick wins. In fact, Phillips had the lowest PFF pass-rushing grade of his career this season at 60.2.
10 of his 25 total pressures resulted in sacks — an extremely high rate — and a good chunk of those sacks came with the quarterback tucking the ball and running into his waiting arms. As a player who has yet to crack an overall grade of 60.0 in a season, it would behoove teams to not spend big money on Phillips chasing his sack total.

Was thinking there has to be something to a team like the Bills(not exactly a FA hotbed) letting these guys walk. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Justin Simmons getting Franchised if no deal is reached 😢

I don't think spending big money on safety is in the Raiders' best interest at this point. They have the cap room to make two big splash plays, and, as it stands, the Raiders have two competent starters at the position. I'd rather have the money spent on a corner and linebacker.

Speaking of, I've spent some time watching film on Schobert and I like what I see, especially in coverage. Conversely, I didn't really love what I saw from Littleton. I think he's a little soft despite being an easy moving athlete. I tend to like linebackers who have pop and explosion and I don't see that consistently with Littleton.

• Like 1

If Leo isn't top dollar I don't see why not. Also can be a DE on goal line D.

At DE an older vet would be great but Quinn going to get paid I think, so JPP for me

LB Bring back Burfict and sign Campbell to a nice contract and Lee who'll fill in several spots and be VB insurance. Still draft 2 LB's (LOL)  but Simmons is only 1st rounder all else on trades or 3rd round. If we took Queen or Murray AFTER adding a 2nd or 2021 pick then I could live with it. 

CB's Waynes and Alexander. Similar D and teammates. Joyner at safety. 

Doesn't solve our WR need but I'd be getting 2 maybe 3 in the draft. Depends on the value.  =)