FA 2020

drfrey13

9 hours ago, Totty said:

Anyone else perturbed that the only thing concrete is Nick at this point?  

Idk I just figured there'd be more.  

I quite like the fact we've been a little quiet, usually the blockbuster moves and overpays happen early and I tend to think the longer FA goes the better value you tend to get.......with that said Kwiatkowski was good value.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Man... was really hoping for Hargrave. Loved him in the draft too. Good get for Philly.

Need to land Reader if possible otherwise DT going to be a continuing issue. 

Don't think a NT is really a pressing need but I do think we need more penetration and an impactful 3T type unless we genuinely feel Hall and Hurst are the answer. We need more depth for sure but Hankins I thought played pretty well last year unless of course you think Reader or Hargrave would have lined up alongside Hankins? 

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a527003141916ca0bc

With everything going to - with Corona, I don't have to get up early for work so I can stretch it out a little more haha.

That will look like me in a few hours. LOL Started to fall asleep catching up on posts just before 11pm then woke up at 1am and got back on. LOL My gym closed but luckily I bought some dumbells last week in case I needed them. Screw normal sleep patterns for the next few weeks and give me FREE AGENTS!!! mahaahahahahah

EDIT: I'm of the mindset as Darbsk with waiting for the deals unless we get a deal early. With offering Jones more than Miami worries me. Not because he chose Flordia over Nevada. (I would too if young and rich) but that we were cool throwing that much at CB. YIKES. I think Cough said years ago that CB's aren't as important and with the new NFL I agree.(lots of PI flags and missed flags on WR push offs) A 3rd and contract for Slay wouldn't upset me though. 4 year extension with 5 mil added to 2020/ 15 2021/15 2022/17 2023/17 2024 with only the first two before cut with no dead cap would work as he's 29. Probably better to use that 3rd to trade up into 2nd and get a rookie deal. Gabe and a 3rd for a high 2nd to get that next level CB. So many options and still some decent CB's on the market, so no rush.

Edited by G
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Why franchise a guy if you only want a midround pick? Seems like a lot to pay if that's all you want in return.

Looks like it's the new way for teams to use the tag. Keep a guy off the market and get something in return. That's not what it was supposed to be and the NFLPA should have done something about it in the new CBA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Don't think a NT is really a pressing need but I do think we need more penetration and an impactful 3T type unless we genuinely feel Hall and Hurst are the answer. We need more depth for sure but Hankins I thought played pretty well last year unless of course you think Reader or Hargrave would have lined up alongside Hankins? 

Maliek Collins could be our guy

3 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Maliek Collins could be our guy

I can see that, especially with the Marinelli connection. I'm hoping for a big jump from Hall and Hurst, dont know how likely that is but I'm also hoping we add at least one more quality rotation DT. Maybe we'll look fir a value pick in the 3rd or 4th round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

I can see that, especially with the Marinelli connection. I'm hoping for a big jump from Hall and Hurst, dont know how likely that is but I'm also hoping we add at least one more quality rotation DT. Maybe we'll look fir a value pick in the 3rd or 4th round.

I think both Hall and Hurst have reached their ceiling--which isn't really bad. Both are competent starters and Hall might be one of the better nose tackles in the NFL. I wouldn't shell out more than $5 million a year for Collins. To me, he's a rotational DT, and I'm not sure if he's any better at rushing the passer than Hurst.

I would rather spend to land Littleton, and use 12 to grab Kinlaw. I think Kinlaw has Fletcher Cox upside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

With all this safety talk. I guess Joyner really is about to be our slot corner again. Ugh. I dont like that one bit. 

Unless it's Anthony Harris, I can't get excited. As everyone knows, I stan hard for Erik Harris.

I don't know what it is about the Raiders, but they seem to have an institutional blind spot for liking bad safeties. Reggie Nelson, Curtis Riley,  Michael Huff. It's a curse.

• Like 2