Rodger Saffold 12.5mil
Ali Marpet 11mil
Justin Pugh 10.5mil
Gabe Jackson 9.5mil
Shaq Mason 9.5mil
Joel Bitonio 9mil
LDT on KC 9mil
Billy Turner 9mil

Ehhh It's close I think he is in the right range. It's his health that makes it questionable to me. I don't know if there is bad blood or anything like that, but if KO is healthy since getting that "non-approved" surgery that the Jets cut him for and he is healthy I wouldn't mind KO returning, trading  Gabe and using the compensation from Gabe to draft a guard. That's a lot of ifs on the KO side though, and generally I'd rather just keep Gabe. I still want to draft a guard though to groom to replace Richie and if Richie randomly lasts for an eternity than replacing Gabe is an option too.

Good Post. Good numbers too. I think we have backup guards where the play wouldn’t drop that much to justify keeping Jackson. 

I forgot about KO too..I really liked him when he was here. He played with attitude. If he’s healthy that would be a great option to look at.

6 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

I agree with you about drafting a guard/T if the board presents good value, I’m for it. I wouldn’t be upset with one in the first if a top one fell to one of our spots.

There has been a few Fanspeaks where a top 4 T fell to 19 and the value was too good for me to pass up. It was a Offensive top heavy draft, but I felt comfortable giving a rookie Gabe's spot and or backing up Miller. Brown is great and gets cheaper next year so Miller would need to show serious improvement to keep the rookie at bay. 5th year option and trading him would also be a possibility. The Tackles are too good and if somehow one slips to 12 we might get a good offer for trading down. So many options and flexibility especially if we get a vet CB before the draft. I would have just 'liked' the comment but I keep running out.  LOL

15 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Good Post. Good numbers too. I think we have backup guards where the play wouldn’t drop that much to justify keeping Jackson. 

I forgot about KO too..I really liked him when he was here. He played with attitude. If he’s healthy that would be a great option to look at.

I think KO and Gruden had beef, which is why he was dealt. 

46 minutes ago, G said:

Had he played at a Pro Bowl level last year I'd be down with keeping him at his current price. I think he has trade value and with our depth I'd be down with getting that cap space back for other 'cheap' FA's. Even if he's not traded, I want a IOL between 3rd and 5th round picks. If offered a 3rd he's gone ASAP but having him on draft day we might be able to package him on moves in either direction so I wouldn't mind waiting. He's good and I think just playing hurt and his price is good for a G hungry team but our bellies are full and need to think about getting some young guys in there to replace the older ones in a few years. Cable did well with the guys we've got when Gabe was out so continuity on the line is pretty solid. If we got a G/C in 3rd and a G/T fell to the 5th I'd be down with double dipping OL but it really depends who else is on the board...

Gabe has never been an all pro, more like a good starter. He is paid like an all pro, and also has injury concerns. Reason to trade would be cap relief, but what impact free agents are left to sign? Might keep him one more year and cut bait next offseason. I could see a corner and that's about it: Kirkpatrick/Dennard

Edited by Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Gabe has never been an all pro, more like a good starter. 

Hence 'Had he played at a Pro Bowl level last year'... He was better at LG and was almost at that level but we got KO (who I wouldn't touch as I think he's toxic/cancer) but who knows...

EDIT: Humble...You can see I'm basically agreeing with you right?  (didn't want to clutter with pages of back and forth. LOL

Edited by G

Just now, G said:

Hence 'Had he played at a Pro Bowl level last year'... He was better at LG and was almost at that level but we got KO (who I wouldn't touch as I think he's toxic/cancer) but who knows...

Gabe a classic case of Raider fans hyping a player. I mocked us getting a 4th for him, but that is being optimistic. Lucky to get a late rounder for him 

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:
  1. Released Gabe Jackson
    (Saved: $9,600,000)
  2. Released Nicholas Morrow
    (Saved: $3,259,000)
  3. Released Erik Harris
    (Saved: $3,250,000)
  4. Released Nathan Peterman
    (Saved: $2,133,000)
  5. Released Derek Carrier
    (Saved: $1,850,000)
  6. Released DeShone Kizer
    (Saved: $1,139,784)
  7. Released Zay Jones
    (Saved: $1,389,522)

Any of these could be cut or traded without much drop off in talent.  This gives us $22+ million.  After the draft there might not be a need or room for any of them.  Only one I really want to hold onto would be Jackson but if we get a good return on a trade and/or cap space I would do it.  Still can not believe we brought back Harris for more than what Joseph got.  I like Harris because he plays with heart but we do not need to spend $3+ million on our 4th safety.

nice breakdown....

• I think Gabe ends up getting traded on draft day
  • Surprise Carrier is one the team with Witten and O'Leary. Logical cut
  • Zay Jones is cheap and has potential, I'll keep him around
  • Kizer and Peterman compete for 3rd string, Gruden loves his QBS
  • If we needed the money could cut Morrow/Harris Could find vets for the minimum to fill in their spots
Edited by Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL He's right though.  We fleeced the Cowgirls and forced them into paying Houdini 20 million per....  Imagine what a terrible signing like that does to the overall roster?

After he called him a turd the talking head shill announcer tried to cut him off but failed.  Hahaha

@BayRaiderWhat are your thoughts on this?  After all Cooper is your boy and an elite top 12 WR in the NFL.  

Cooper is not my “boy” and I was thrilled we traded him for a 1st. However, I hate when people complain about rankings without actually making one and visualizing it. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

nice breakdown....

• I think Gabe ends up getting traded on draft day
  • Surprise Carrier is one the team with Witten and O'Leary. Logical cut
  • Zay Jones is cheap and has potential, I'll keep him around
  • Kizer and Peterman compete for 3rd string, Gruden loves his QBS
  • If we needed the money could cut Morrow/Harris Could find vets for the minimum to fill in their spots

I think alot of this is true but you also get to the point of diminshing returns by cutting guys like Morrow and Harris. They arent great players but they are players that can start 3-4 games in the case of injures and make plays and we need depth that can play to win those games that we were losing last year. I personally think we'll cut Carrier and one of the QB. Only way we move on from Jackson is if we add some talent on the OLine early in the draft imo.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I think alot of this is true but you also get to the point of diminshing returns by cutting guys like Morrow and Harris. They arent great players but they are players that can start 3-4 games in the case of injures and make plays and we need depth that can play to win those games that we were losing last year. I personally think we'll cut Carrier and one of the QB. Only way we move on from Jackson is if we add some talent on the OLine early in the draft imo.

true, we are are almost at the point where it makes more sense to keep Gabe. I think it's worth it to cut him for a CB. We could sign two "Gruden vets" to fill Morrow/Harris role for half the price. Still decent depth free agents out there 

Edited by Humble_Beast