FA 2020

drfrey13

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Those cuts only save 15.867M.  You don’t just add up the salaries, you need to factor in the replacement players cost.

and I highly doubt we cut Morrow and Harris, Harris especially as he’s a key depth player in the secondary.  

I understand that but you also have to factor in we have $13+ million in cap space currently and those seven players would be replaced by our seven draft picks.  $36 million (Current space+cuts) then subtract $9 million for drafted players.  Now we have $27 million - Randall ($4 million?) and you end up with roughly $22+ million.  Now it can change with how many minimum salary players we keep but the number could be more if we have any undrafted FA beat out vets.  Devey, Kush, and Ross' contracts could factor in as well.  Sorry I was not more specific on how I got to those numbers.  It could be as low as $19 million but I think a couple UDFA will make the team.  Harris I think is redundant especially if we draft a S and Morrow is to expensive.  If they think he can start then keep him.

59 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand that but you also have to factor in we have $13+ million in cap space currently and those seven players would be replaced by our seven draft picks.  $36 million (Current space+cuts) then subtract $9 million for drafted players.  Now we have $27 million - Randall ($4 million?) and you end up with roughly $22+ million.  Now it can change with how many minimum salary players we keep but the number could be more if we have any undrafted FA beat out vets.  Devey, Kush, and Ross' contracts could factor in as well.  Sorry I was not more specific on how I got to those numbers.  It could be as low as $19 million but I think a couple UDFA will make the team.  Harris I think is redundant especially if we draft a S and Morrow is to expensive.  If they think he can start then keep him.

all these numbers assume:

Randall’s cap is 2.75M (reported as 3.25m max with incentives so it’s safe to say it’ll be less than 2.75m if anything)

Devey, Kush have assumes caps of 877.5K (same deal Aghlor/Wilbur got with veteran cap assistance).......

We have 7.959M if including draft picks and assuming

we’re at 12.926M if you don’t include the draft class.

Without all those players you want to cut and the draft class were at 27.872M

i run a spreadsheet for cap, it’s easy to change it.   I highly doubt we cut all those players and even if we cut a few it’s gonna be after camp.

29 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Thuney is probably holding that market down.

teams who interior lines were so bad off the top of my head: Bengals, Brown, Cardinals, Rams not sure what they did to fix their problems. Also who much cap space do the Raiders currently have?

Edited by Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:Also who much cap space do the Raiders currently have?

Well if we assume Randall’s 3.25m max deal has cap hit of 2.75M and we include the draft class and Devey and Kush got the standard 887.5k (910k salary, 133.5k Signing Bonus).... then we have $8.751M

but once the after roster is made you have to include players 52,53 (800-750k depending) and the practice squad (1.836M).  Then there’s the workout bonus’s that we’re paid to guys who didn’t make the team and signing bonus (1/2 in ‘20 other half in ‘21) for them too... I’d guess this costs .48M approx.

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

true, we are are almost at the point where it makes more sense to keep Gabe. I think it's worth it to cut him for a CB. We could sign two "Gruden vets" to fill Morrow/Harris role for half the price. Still decent depth free agents out there 

All of that was stated in the post I was replying to.

My point was that when you want to win sometimes your "depth players" need to be of the quality that they are paid 3-5mil a year. Of course, we want to save money and sign as many starter level players as possible but we need other things on the sandwich besides meat and I don't want to skimp on my veggies and condiments. Sorry, I'm making Fiveses (the meal between afternoon tea and dinner).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

all these numbers assume:

Randall’s cap is 2.75M (reported as 3.25m max with incentives so it’s safe to say it’ll be less than 2.75m if anything)

Devey, Kush have assumes caps of 877.5K (same deal Aghlor/Wilbur got with veteran cap assistance).......

We have 7.959M if including draft picks and assuming

we’re at 12.926M if you don’t include the draft class.

Without all those players you want to cut and the draft class were at 27.872M

i run a spreadsheet for cap, it’s easy to change it.   I highly doubt we cut all those players and even if we cut a few it’s gonna be after camp.

2020 Cap Totals

CAP TYPE BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS OPTION BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUC. BONUS INCENTIVES CAP TOTAL
2020 NFL Salary Cap $198,200,000
2019 Rollover Cap $21,806,311
Adjustment $0
Adjusted Salary Cap $220,006,311
All Contracts $184,017,825 $17,272,818 $6,193,750 - $3,106,250 $4,612,000 $3,025,000 $218,106,643
Top 51 Contracts $169,716,825 $17,210,319 $6,193,750 - $3,056,250 $4,612,000 $3,025,000 $203,146,643
Draft Pool - - - - - - - $8,953,399
Dead Money - $2,201,360 - - - $1,041,666 - $3,243,026
Total (All) $184,017,825 $19,474,178 $6,193,750 - $3,106,250 $5,653,666 $3,025,000 $221,349,669
Total (w/Top 51) $169,716,825 $19,411,679 $6,193,750 - $3,056,250 $5,653,666 $3,025,000 $206,389,669
Cap Space (w/All) $-1,343,358
Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $4,663,243
Cap Space (w/Top 51) $13,616,642

Look it all comes down to who we personally think is going to be cut and a few unknown contracts.  My point was those were some of the higher priced players that could be cut before the season because we have cheaper options.  Morrow might stick around but if he is not starting I do not think his pay is justified especially if we draft a LB in the first 3 rounds.  We could hypothetically drop those seven players and sign Burfict, Hyde, Worley, and Clowney while picking up a mid round pick.  Could also be sitting pretty waiting for June 1st cuts.  Just throwing out an idea.

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I said that day one and was nearly crucified on this site.  I rarely agree with the talking head shills on TV and never understood the unwarranted hype with Cooper.  You would think he is a dominant WR like Jerry Rice the way the media pumps him up.  The film doesn't lie and Cooper is as soft as they come and when facing top talent he is irrelevant.  20 million of a #2 WR is laughable but he is the Cowgirls problem now and I couldn't be more pleased that we received a 1st rounder for him and were able to spread that 20 million around to improve our depth.  

You were crucified because you went way over the top with your Cooper criticism, much like Rex Ryan did today. Countless amounts of threads you would just talk unprompted crap about Coop as if he were a scrub or something. I remember you calling or alluding to Martavious Bryant as our #1 WR over Coop. And often times you would just deflect blame off Carr and blame Coop when both players have their issues.

Is he the best WR in the NFL? No. He's inconsistent af and his body keeps breaking down in the 2nd half of seasons. But he has been a top 10 WR statistically since being traded to Dallas. He's 25 with 4 1,000 yard seasons under his belt. No off field issues. Of course he was going to get paid. Would i have paid him that? No but i really dont get why it's such a shock to people that a guy who flashes elite potential every now and then got paid. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

You were crucified because you went way over the top with your Cooper criticism, much like Rex Ryan did today. Countless amounts of threads you would just talk unprompted crap about Coop as if he were a scrub or something. I remember you calling or alluding to Martavious Bryant as our #1 WR over Coop. And often times you would just deflect blame off Carr and blame Coop when both players have their issues.

Is he the best WR in the NFL? No. He's inconsistent af and his body keeps breaking down in the 2nd half of seasons. But he has been a top 10 WR statistically since being traded to Dallas. He's 25 with 4 1,000 yard seasons under his belt. No off field issues. Of course he was going to get paid. Would i have paid him that? No but i really dont get why it's such a shock to people that a guy who flashes elite potential every now and then got paid. 

Crabtree was our number 1 when Cooper was here and 2 years later was out of football.  That shows how the Raider brass felt about him. Cooper is a complimentary peace who will never be able to thrive as an elite #1.  

Cooper keeps breaking down... blah blah. more lame excuses.  Why don't you face reality in that Cooper is exactly what I said he was from day 1 and he is softer than Charmin.  Dallas benched him in the 4th quarter of their most critical game last season, he doesn't finish routes, has sketchy hands and mistimes jump balls.... the list goes on and on and you call him a top 10 WR, give me a break.

Bryant had the physical skills and body type to be a number #1 and would have complimented Cooper well if he could have developed his game.  I never said Bryant was a number 1, rather he had number #1 potential.  Too bad Bryant was another elite physical talent who never wanted to invest the time to take his game to a pro bowl level. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz