FA 2020

drfrey13

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Trade Gabe add 4th round pick and $9.6M in salary and sign Dre Kirkpatrick for $5M then draft CB at #19 preferably Jaylon Johnson . Draft Robert Hunt OG with a 3rd rounder and Ben Birch OG with acquired 4th rounder from Gabe Trade.

$5M is too much for Kirkpatrick. Even if we do decide to move on from Gabe I think that we're pretty set in terms of depth on the interior OL with Good, Kush, James, and Cotton. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

$5M is too much for Kirkpatrick. Even if we do decide to move on from Gabe I think that we're pretty set in terms of depth on the interior OL with Good, Kush, James, and Cotton. 

If Kirkpatrick comes cheaper then fine, Hunt and Birch are future starters and would probably beat out a few of those depth guys. Hunt can for sure step in for Incognito next year he is nasty. Good can stay at RG with Birch waiting in the wings.

24 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Trade Gabe add 4th round pick and $9.6M in salary and sign Dre Kirkpatrick for $5M then draft CB at #19 preferably Jaylon Johnson . Draft Robert Hunt OG with a 3rd rounder and Ben Birch OG with acquired 4th rounder from Gabe Trade.

That's a plan at least, but according to the Bengals fans he's a poor tackler and struggles to turn his head and play the ball. I honestly haven't seen enough of him to talk with any authority but that doesn't sound like the type of corner who'd fit into what we've been looking for. Is he better than Lawson?

Love Jaylon Johnson and would draft him at 19 so that I agree with 😀 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's a plan at least, but according to the Bengals fans he's a poor tackler and struggles to turn his head and play the ball. I honestly haven't seen enough of him to talk with any authority but that doesn't sound like the type of corner who'd fit into what we've been looking for. Is he better than Lawson?

Love Jaylon Johnson and would draft him at 19 so that I agree with 😀 

Kirkpatrick is a vet stop gap who knows Guenthers system let the rookie get their legs under them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

CB:

• Dre Fitzpatrick
  • Prince Amukamara
  • Darqueze Dennard
  • Trumaine Johnson 
  • Ross Cockrell
  • Daryl Worley
  • Bashaud Breeland
  • Morris Claiborne
  • Logan Ryan

Dre Fitzpatrick please. Can be a pretty solid CB2 for a year while we draft a rookie. 

I’ll take Worley back if not. He’s a little below average, but he’s not awful. 

Also, in a perfect world, I’d love to cut Joyner and sign Logan Ryan. Ryan was a stud Nickel Corner for the Titans last year (he plays on the outside a lot too, but he is sooo good in the nickel). 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

CB:

• Dre Fitzpatrick
  • Prince Amukamara
  • Darqueze Dennard
  • Trumaine Johnson 
  • Ross Cockrell
  • Daryl Worley
  • Bashaud Breeland
  • Morris Claiborne
  • Logan Ryan

I would give Trumaine a 1 year deal. He was my favorite CB in his draft class. Had some good tape in LA but underperformed massively after getting paid. I would take the risk to see if he can return to form

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

For me gabe trade is as simple as trading cooper. You cant pay everybody. If you can get a pick and replace him with a cost effective player and not have a huge drop off. It's an easy move imo. 

Fully agreed. Ironically I feel our OL got worse when Gabe returned, even with Trent playing. And for the amount Gabe is making? No thanks. Two positions I don’t like paying are WR and Guard, unless they are literally Top 5 at their position. Like you said, can’t pay everyone. And WR/G having a high salary is a team killer. 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

For me gabe trade is as simple as trading cooper. You cant pay everybody. If you can get a pick and replace him with a cost effective player and not have a huge drop off. It's an easy move imo. 

I agree, but the most of the big free agency deals are done. Who else would you wanna pay? I’m fine moving on from him next year though 

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

At this point of FA no need to cut Gabe. Allow him to go to camp and see if he looks like the old Gabe Jackson. If he comes into camp and he looks like last years Gab Jackson then give it consideration on cutting him. 

Vic Tafur said that unless they got a great offer they loved they're going to keep him. They want to keep the offensive line together because they want that to be our identity, a strong, physical, smash mouth football team. 

On 4/5/2020 at 1:23 PM, Humble_Beast said:

CB:

• Dre Fitzpatrick
  • Prince Amukamara
  • Darqueze Dennard
  • Trumaine Johnson 
  • Ross Cockrell
  • Daryl Worley
  • Bashaud Breeland
  • Morris Claiborne
  • Logan Ryan

I need like 2-3 of these guys to come to our team on vet minimum deals.  Hopefully we find a way to make it happen.

• Like 1