FA 2020

drfrey13

29 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Worley is the only one is even consider bringing back. If we sign any of the others, hopefully it’s only for vet minimum so we could just cut them if necessary 

Compton and Jordan as backups aren't terrible depending on how the draft shakes out.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

All joking aside we've signed another TE, a guy we're familiar with Paul Butler

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2020/4/16/21224382/raiders-claim-tight-end-paul-butler-waivers-nfl

I actually really like Paul Butler as a developmental TE and happy to have him back.  We’ve not got Waller, Witten, Moreau, Carrier, O’Leary, and Butler.  We usually carry 6 TEs in camp so we appear to have that position filled.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I actually really like Paul Butler as a developmental TE and happy to have him back.  We’ve not got Waller, Witten, Moreau, Carrier, O’Leary, and Butler.  We usually carry 6 TEs in camp so we appear to have that position filled.

He's built like a tank. He had tough luck with injuries last year, so he was a cut. I could see him earning a spot. Why Carrier still on the team  LOL

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

He's built like a tank. He had tough luck with injuries last year, so he was a cut. I could see him earning a spot. Why Carrier still on the team  LOL

Releasing him now saves Us 100k, his workout bonus.  Carrier was a decent ST player and a capable TE2 for short periods caused by injuries.  With Moreau recovering from injury I’m grossing that’s keeping Carrier around.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Percy Harvin is attempting a comeback. Wonder if we kick the tires.

How is he only 32?

I’d be shocked if he even gets a workout.  He’s at 185lbs apparently, I thought he played at 195-200ish.

he’s been gone for 3 years and suffered a ton of injuries the last few years 

Last time he really produced he was 24 back in ‘12.  He was decent in ‘14 but 51 catches and under 500yds and 1 TD in 13 games doesnt excite me at the time nor 6 years later!

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

How is he only 32?

I’d be shocked if he even gets a workout.  He’s at 185lbs apparently, I thought he played at 195-200ish.

he’s been gone for 3 years and suffered a ton of injuries the last few years 

Last time he really produced he was 24 back in ‘12.  He was decent in ‘14 but 51 catches and under 500yds and 1 TD in 13 games doesnt excite me at the time nor 6 years later!

I remember he had bad migraines 

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I remember he had bad migraines 

Migraines was one of many issues.  He was constantly hurt the final 3-4 years.  He even retired in ‘16 to let his body recover and then resigned with Buffalo a month later.

his body broke down... time away healed them but overall his body is broken down and too old now.