FA 2020

drfrey13

I really want one of the picks swaps for John Ross. Trade a 4th for a Bengals 5th and Ross. I just think Gruden could have nice insurance and get creative. Agholor, Ruggs, Ross would have insane speed on the field. Ross could be like our Mecole Hardman. Idk why not make life easier for DC, more weapons and the MVP might come back. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I really want one of the picks swaps for John Ross. Trade a 4th for a Bengals 5th and Ross. I just think Gruden could have nice insurance and get creative. Agholor, Ruggs, Ross would have insane speed on the field. Ross could be like our Mecole Hardman. Idk why not make life easier for DC, more weapons and the MVP might come back. 

While it definitely sounds sexy, how practical would that be though? 

Edwards and Ruggs are locks and likely our top 2 going forward. 

Agholor and Renfrow are going to be our co-3's if Agholor is (hopefully) brought back. 

Ross is definitely fast, but where would he come in and replace any of the 4 guys likely to be ahead of him? 

Then there's Waller and Moreau. 

I just don't see the touches being there without cutting into someone else's touches, and I don't think we really want to do that just for the sake of doing it. 

Use the 4th rounder somewhere we need it more (O-line, D-line, S, LB, NCB, RB2). 

• Like 3

On 10/20/2020 at 3:19 PM, agarcia34 said:

Now go get Marcus Maye or Shawn Williams so we can get his defense turned around. 

Either would be good.... if not we gotta get a FS in draft of FA.  Idk about trading for a player like Maye who is a FA in 10 games,,, I’d love to Have him but the cost has to be low.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’d love to add Ross.... if not now maybe in FA.  Having 2 insanely fast WRs yo challenge deep would be awesome 

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d love to add Ross.... if not now maybe in FA.  Having 2 insanely fast WRs yo challenge deep would be awesome 

Ross adds about as much value as Rico Gafford.  Agholor is fast and productive.  I think we are fine.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ross just isnt good though and cant stay on the field. I'll bring him in on a tryout min non guaranteed contract. Nothing more than that. 

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Ross adds about as much value as Rico Gafford.  Agholor is fast and productive.  I think we are fine.

I did write that while driving... hence it was very short...  so let me clarify:

1) we don’t need To trade for a WR.  I’d much rather add Ross or someone else in FA.  That’s assuming Williams (very safe assumption) is cut and Zay Jones leaves as a UFA.  

2021 WRs:

Ruggs, Agholor (ufa resigned)

Edwards, ?

Renfrow, Gafford/?

I see Ross as a nice 4th WR who play slot and zWR.

And that’s assuming he’s healthy.... that’s a  ”if” too.

I’m no excited about trading a draft to “rent” a backup WR.  But if he can he signed for moderately cheap in FA then I’d definitely add him because of his speed.  I’d much prefer to sign a cheap WR than spend big money on one.

Id like to see us run 3 WR sets with Ruggs, Edwards, and Ross...... there’s a ton of route designs you could have where their speed could threaten the safeties deep.  Even if your not throwing To them they presence would open up the short routes.... defenses would almost have to run 2 deep safeties a good amount of the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Either would be good.... if not we gotta get a FS in draft of FA.  Idk about trading for a player like Maye who is a FA in 10 games,,, I’d love to Have him but the cost has to be low.

If you're trading for Maye it'd have to be a later round pick and you'd do it with an extension in mind. We were reportedly very interested in Justin Simmons during last years free agency period before he got franchise tagged. And the Broncos weren't able to extend him plus I read that they may not be able to afford to keep him. When we cut Joyner/Williams I'd go all in on trying to sign him. 

Trade our 2nd round pick for Quinnen Williams, sign Justin Simmons in free agency, and use our 1st round pick on hybrid NCB/S Jevon Holland. 

Ferrell - Irving - Williams - Crosby

Mullen             Littleton - Kwiat         Holland      Arnette

Abram                               Simmons

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If you're trading for Maye it'd have to be a later round pick and you'd do it with an extension in mind. We were reportedly very interested in Justin Simmons during last years free agency period before he got franchise tagged. And the Broncos weren't able to extend him plus I read that they may not be able to afford to keep him. When we cut Joyner/Williams I'd go all in on trying to sign him. 

Trade our 2nd round pick for Quinnen Williams, sign Justin Simmons in free agency, and use our 1st round pick on hybrid NCB/S Jevon Holland. 

Ferrell - Irving - Williams - Crosby

Mullen             Littleton - Kwiat         Holland      Arnette

Abram                               Simmons

I agree.... you really only should trade for a guy whose an upcoming UFA if you 1. Want to resign/extend him over all other possible FAs 2.  It’s cheap cuz your really just renting him.

im all about trading a 2nd, even adding a 4th/5th, to get Q.Williams.  I wouldn’t trade a 1st for him straight, I’d need a 2nd or 3rd coming back.  I’d love it if we pulled that trade off.

I’d have Irving coming off the bench for Hankins, who imo should get a 2-3 year extension.  He’s such a solid run defender.  I think Irving is best as a reserve and not getting worn down against the run.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree.... you really only should trade for a guy whose an upcoming UFA if you 1. Want to resign/extend him over all other possible FAs 2.  It’s cheap cuz your really just renting him.

im all about trading a 2nd, even adding a 4th/5th, to get Q.Williams.  I wouldn’t trade a 1st for him straight, I’d need a 2nd or 3rd coming back.  I’d love it if we pulled that trade off.

I’d have Irving coming off the bench for Hankins, who imo should get a 2-3 year extension.  He’s such a solid run defender.  I think Irving is best as a reserve and not getting worn down against the run.

I agree. Although we are in a position where a cheap upgrade at FS could go a long way in our quest to make a deep run in the playoffs. 

I'd personally trade a 1st round pick for Williams straight up if that's what they're asking for. Williams was considered a generational type of talent just a year ago and we'd have him on a rookie contract until 2024. I think some of his lack of production can be attributed to the fact that he's playing out of position as a 3-4 DE as opposed to a 4-3 DT. And I definitely think he's a better player/prospect then anyone we're going to be able to draft with our 1st round pick at DT this year. 

Yeah I think Irving as a backup makes sense because you can play him up and down the DL. I'd love to bring Hankins back as well but if we don't I'd like to see us go after a huge NT in round 2-3 of the draft this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree. Although we are in a position where a cheap upgrade at FS could go a long way in our quest to make a deep run in the playoffs. 

I'd personally trade a 1st round pick for Williams straight up if that's what they're asking for. Williams was considered a generational type of talent just a year ago and we'd have him on a rookie contract until 2024. I think some of his lack of production can be attributed to the fact that he's playing out of position as a 3-4 DE as opposed to a 4-3 DT. And I definitely think he's a better player/prospect then anyone we're going to be able to draft with our 1st round pick at DT this year. 

Yeah I think Irving as a backup makes sense because you can play him up and down the DL. I'd love to bring Hankins back as well but if we don't I'd like to see us go after a huge NT in round 2-3 of the draft this year. 

I'd trade a late 1 for quinnen this year because he's such a great player in the making. That being said, if we can somehow land a guy like him for less, or get very good rush out of irving, we can keep loading up on fast instinctive DB's in the secondary. A rangy smart FS would allow the rest of the defense to be way more aggressive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd trade a late 1 for quinnen this year because he's such a great player in the making. That being said, if we can somehow land a guy like him for less, or get very good rush out of irving, we can keep loading up on fast instinctive DB's in the secondary. A rangy smart FS would allow the rest of the defense to be way more aggressive. 

I wouldn't mind trading for Williams even if Irving balls out. You can never have too much talent on your DL and we'd likely have Irving on a very team friendly deal plus Williams on a rookie deal for 3 more years. Not to mention Crosby and Ferrell on cheap deals as well so it'd give us flexibility to pay other positional groups. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It made to much sense for them to not place a claim on Takk. Low cost on a player that can provide upside. Could see a couple of teams putting in a claim above the Raiders like AZ/DET who can also use so pass rushing help. Long shot, but worth putting in a claim 

Edited by agarcia34