Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

11 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

At this point we need to add Mims to potential pick 17 candidates.

Right now it looks like Chaisson, and Henderson are top 2 but several simulations have them long gone by the time we are OTC. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that Mims is our pick at that point

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

At this point we need to add Mims to potential pick 17 candidates.

Right now it looks like Chaisson, and Henderson are top 2 but several simulations have them long gone by the time we are OTC. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that Mims is our pick at that point

Agreed. Barring one of the DTs slipping,  I really think our pick is going to come down to Chaisson, Henderson, Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, with Mims being the worst case scenario pick if we don’t have good value in a trade down.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Dallas had video conf. with Zach Baun and Kris Fulton today. 

Baun is viewed as a LB per team.

Still think he can be an EDGE. But whatever, he's a damn good player and if he ends up in Dallas I'll be happy.

My guess is they would play Baun as a SAM in our base defense, but allow him to rush when we go to nickel.

Gregory - McCoy - Poe - Lawrence

Vander Esch   -    Jaylon Smith   -   Zach Baun

He could easily reduce down to the outside of Lawrence to give a 3-4 look without changing any personnel. But really I guess it would be more like a 4-3 under. With a DC like Nolan who wants to be multiple and mix up looks, Baun makes a ton of sense.

Hypothetical here guys, and I ask this for debates sake knowing very well what an abortion the 09 draft was.

With the fact that teams haven’t been able to fully evaluate prospects this year, and the draft being held in a new format. Would you considered trading out of the 1st completely if a team like the bears or Texans came calling and offered you both their 2nds this year and their 1st next year?

1 hour ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Hypothetical here guys, and I ask this for debates sake knowing very well what an abortion the 09 draft was.

With the fact that teams haven’t been able to fully evaluate prospects this year, and the draft being held in a new format. Would you considered trading out of the 1st completely if a team like the bears or Texans came calling and offered you both their 2nds this year and their 1st next year?

FYI- Houston doesnt have a 1st next year, belongs to the Dolphins.

I think it all depends on who is left.

If Brown, Kinlaw, Henderson, Chiasson, Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, Simmons and Okudah are all gone, I would entertain trading with the Bears to get 43, 50 and a #1 next year. 

If the above mentioned players are gone, I would trade down to mid 20s and take Mims or Braun.