Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Hm, well I’m sorry you were shocked. I just went back and read all my text messages leading up to and during the draft with friends about how we were going to draft Hill.

It’s almost certainly not going to be Denzel Mims at #17. I’m warning you now, so you don’t have to be unnecessarily shocked on draft day. Wish I could have warned you about Hill last year. 

Are you kidding me? Are you just trying to start an argument for the f*** of it? I said it was a possibility and you keep harping on about it? I said it was a worst case bottom of the likehoods scenario's and you said I'm gonna be shocked come the 23rd?

What are you even trying to argue for considering you want everyone to be as level headed as you with the expectations. 

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Are you kidding me? Are you just trying to start an argument for the f*** of it? I said it was a possibility and you keep harping on about it? I said it was a worst case bottom of the likehoods scenario's and you said I'm gonna be shocked come the 23rd?

What are you even trying to argue for considering you want everyone to be as level headed as you with the expectations. 

Edited to delete snarky attitude. Been a bad day. Let’s move on.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I just said that I thought drafting Mims at #17 seemed highly unlikely. You keep responding to me, I’m not allowed to reply?

You are right. I don’t know why I ever hope a debate with you could be productive with goal posts that literally change every single post.

My points never changed. I said if worst case scenario comes about and we don't go LB I could live with drafting Mims at 17.

Worst case scenario is not a top 10 scenario, it's not a highly likely scenario, it's not a anything but the absolute worst case scenario where we get pinched in on making a decision at 17 with no other option but to pick someone that was no where near the top of the list prospect wise.

Two of those scenario's you kept bringing up again and again when I kept reiterating my original post. You keep accusing people of switching up the arguments and yet everytime you respond to someone it's with a different post with a slightly different point each time while saying you are always staying consistent. 

So do you wanna start over at my first post that sprouted this debate or do you wanna keep pulling thing's out of thin air?

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Who in this draft will be a TJ Watt type? It appears we are wanting a RDE/SAM combo type guy to have multiple fronts. 

I'm with Joey Ickes on this that our vision for this position should be more along the lines of "4-3 DE that can play in a two point stance" than "off-ball LB that can rush the passer," because it's not an every-down position and we need value from him at his "regular" spot too. Really hoping Chaisson is our guy at this point.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Weve also heard that because all the workouts and what not have been canceled, that this year is going to be the most sporadic one yet. Teams/scouts never had a chance to come to consensus (or group think). So who the hell knows. Maybe we have Mimms rated super high and no one knows about it. 

Definitely, but our team has been more transparent than most in recent years. Most indications are that we won't be taking a receiver in the first this year under any circumstances.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I'd love YGM. #2 EDGE in my mind.

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think anyone hates YGM.

Its crazy how things change quickly during draft analysis season. Never in a million years did I think we would be able to reach him before draft season started.

Now we can even trade down and get him? This is why I love the draft. Cheap talent on the up.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Javon Kinlaw

IDL, South Carolina

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Trevon Diggs

CB, Alabama

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Cole Kmet

TE, Notre Dame

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Alohi Gilman

S, Notre Dame

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Devin Duvernay

WR, Texas

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Derrek Tuszka

EDGE, North Dakota State

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Steven Montez

QB, Colorado

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Javon Kinlaw

IDL, South Carolina

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Trevon Diggs

CB, Alabama

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Cole Kmet

TE, Notre Dame

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Alohi Gilman

S, Notre Dame

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Devin Duvernay

WR, Texas

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Derrek Tuszka

EDGE, North Dakota State

Dallas Cowboys

USER PICK

Steven Montez

QB, Colorado

This would be too good yet at least something that is possible.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

He fits the big WR mood that I keep hearing McCarthy likes and I bet Fassel would love to have him play some ST for him aswell.

You would think McCarthy would love Dez if that was the case.

Plus... you know he saw that DEZ CAUGHT IT!! He was there.

The real question is... does Dak like big WRs that subsequently have trouble separating and running pin point routes?

• Like 1