Monday Night Football! Houston @ New Orleans!

ET80

Texans v Saints  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Texans
    • Saints
  2. 2. Who is the best player on offense?

• Drew Brees
    • Michael Thomas
    • Alvin Kamara
    • Deshaun Watson
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • Will Fuller
    • Other
  3. 3. Who is the best player on defense?

• Cam Jordan
    • Marshawn Lattimore
    • Marcus Davenport
    • JJ Watt
    • Whitney Mercilius
    • Zach Cunningham
    • Other

As a Saints fan living in Houston, I have the unique pleasure of rooting for both teams (with a strong favoritism to the Saints, of course). I also get to see and hear a lot about both teams' flaws. The Saints start seasons slow, this is a fact. We don't normally get it together until week 3 or 4. But the Texans have BOB as coach still, arguably more of a liability than the slow starts. I've penciled that as the key factor in this game from the beginning. The Texans are a really good team held back, I believe, by poor coaching and some organizational failures. We won't know how good this Saints team is (or isn't) until they play Dallas in week 4.

I called it 20-13 in the Saints forum but it's football and anything can happen. In last year's opener we lost to Tampa Bay at home and they dropped 48 on us. Fitz had like 5 TDs by half time. After that game we kind of got it together (without really changing personnel) but who knows which Saints team will show up? I think both offenses struggle a bit and it's lower-scoring than people think. For Texans fans who don't watch a lot of Saints football, though, I'd say to remember the lesson of Tampa Bay. They dropped 50 on us in week 1. You probably can, too.

But please don't, ok? 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

Fitz had like 5 TDs by half time. After that game we kind of got it together (without really changing personnel) but who knows which Saints team will show up? I think both

Eli Apple was a huge addition in terms of us turning things around. He needs to come out playing as well as he finished the season

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

Eli Apple was a huge addition in terms of us turning things around. He needs to come out playing as well as he finished the season

I'll take any kind of defense. Anything. We normally start the season without offense or defense so any kind of life from them will be a win in my book.

This offense is built to fly so I'm not too concerned about them but I'm worried Crennel will come out with the same bland defensive scheme he's been running in yrs past. Weak front 7 pressure, ho hum coverage up the middle, zero blitz coming from the safeties and too much cushion on their receivers. Whomever lines up in the slot will torch Colvin, that should be a matchup the Saints should exploit. We don't really know what we're getting from Gipson or Roby, JJo is one injury away from retirement. so many question marks on the defensive side of the ball especially the secondary which isn't Crennel's strong suit. 

This game scares the beejeebes out of me. Only way I see us winning is by outscoring the Saints which will be a tough feat to tackle in the superdome. 

Saints 38

Texans 27

Edited by Jaytrajik