Around the league discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

I don’t think this 49ers defense is more talented than the seattle defenses that were competing for titles a few year’s ago 

Which is another point I was going to make. What kind of picks were those guys taken with? Chancellor and Sherman were late round picks (I had Sherman in every one of my mocks that year 🤬), K.J. Wright was a 4th rounder, Bobby Wagner a 2nd rounder. It’s about coaching + scheme + talent.

I think San Francisco curb stomps Kansas City. I'm talking like 35-14 with Mahomes throwing late TDs to make it look like more of a game. There are going to be a lot of nerves on both sides, but defense is a lot easier to act on instinct than offense. I just can't get past the 49ers defense shutting everything down. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think San Francisco curb stomps Kansas City. I'm talking like 35-14 with Mahomes throwing late TDs to make it look like more of a game. There are going to be a lot of nerves on both sides, but defense is a lot easier to act on instinct than offense. I just can't get past the 49ers defense shutting everything down. 

I agree.

The 9ers were the best team we played this year and it wasn’t close imo.

Their DL is unreal and Cam Erving will be forced to block one of them.

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

It’s gonna be hard for Cleveland to stack up to the Bellagio 😂 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-01-21/the-2020-nfl-draft-stage-will-be-on-bellagio-fountains-lake

We need this year's Takk McKinley dropping bombs on national TV to be some dude--probably Bekton when he goes top-10--in his $5k tux doing a cannonball.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Random thought. Would you guys rather have Shanny or mcvay as your HC? Crazy how different yet similar in the way they’re changing the game. The last 3 years everyone wanted to be like mcvay with his spread offense. Now everyone wants to run wide zone. 

What Shanny does has been done since his fathers time in the 90’s. McVay is doing something completely unique.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Random thought. Would you guys rather have Shanny or mcvay as your HC? Crazy how different yet similar in the way they’re changing the game. The last 3 years everyone wanted to be like mcvay with his spread offense. Now everyone wants to run wide zone. 

Shanny.

Like @candyman93 said, it’s time tested.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Mcvay runs the wide zone tho. He pretty much learned his offense from Shanny