Jalen Ramsey requests trade from Jaguars

TitanLegend

Just now, Forge said:

Don't bet the niners. We have had no discussions with the Jags about Ramsey per MM, who is a very reliable beat writer. 

nfl.com reporter covering the Chiefs also already said twice they aren't in the running while other rumors suggest otherwise. I think nobody knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

nfl.com reporter covering the Chiefs also already said twice they aren't in the running while other rumors suggest otherwise. I think nobody knows.

I trust MM on this one, personally. He's always been very reliable and Allbright also said that he couldn't confirm any offer from the 49ers. 

Logically, it also doesn't track. The team punted secondary improvements this year because they like what they had and figured it was a pass rushing issue. This would be a bit of an about face in that philosophy, and given that we just lost Joe Staley, I think that there are other pressing priorities. The idea that the secondary has improved just as the front office thought it would and is playing very well that they would now add a piece like this seems a bit off. 

Also, there is the money issue. Namely, the 49ers don't have a lot of it moving forward. If this could be a rental type situation, I could see it, but that is probably not the case. Any team acquiring him is going to lock him up, and the 49ers are a little cap poor at the current point in time. Projected to be bottom third in the league next year with Armstead, Blair, Day all free agents. Buckner and Kittle will need extensions after this year, as will possibly Akhello Witherspoon, who is playing lights out at corner (better than Sherm at this point). 

I wouldn't hate a trade for Ramsey; if the rumors of a first and a fifth are accurate, the price is fine for a player of that caliber, though with the pressing money issue, the team will need some good, cheap labor for a couple of years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You guys think they’ll trade him by tomorrow? I feel it’d be really weird if he suits up on Thursday. That was a pretty nasty, non recovering argument with Marrone. 

If he does, it means nothing is imminent imo.

i just can’t wait for them to trade him then get rid of Marrone 3 months later.

Shad Khan shouldn’t be in charge of any sports team.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If he does, it means nothing is imminent imo.

i just can’t wait for them to trade him then get rid of Marrone 3 months later.

Shad Khan shouldn’t be in charge of any sports team.

No he shouldn’t. The Jags make way too many questionable decisions. 

Could of won a ship with a QB but that window is gone now. Time to rebuild from scratch. Lawrence 2021?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

No he shouldn’t. The Jags make way too many questionable decisions. 

Could of won a ship with a QB but that window is gone now. Time to rebuild from scratch. Lawrence 2021?

The restart button will be hit (hopefully) at the end of the season.

Ramsey will probably be gone. Dareus gone. Campbell gone. Bouye gone. Norwell should be gone. That’s $65M in cap space right there. Sign Ngakoue long term. New HC. New FO.

This won’t be as bad as the rebuild they had recently, there are some building blocks. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So wait a second here. The guy who cares more about winning than anything has a 50/1 shot of being traded to Miami, the team that is actively tanking, over Baltimore? Okay.

They skipped all the teams until Miami for dramatic effect of the Dolphins long 50/1 shot. They can’t post all 32 teams in one post. I think the Ravens were like 17/1.