Steelers trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick from Dolphins for 1st-round pick

49erurtaza

7 hours ago, warfelg said:

To everyone saying after week 2 that this is a top 10 or top 5 pick with such conviction:

Can I have Friday's Powerball numbers in advance? PleaseKThax.

it will be 6 numbers and one of them will be a different color, and all the numbers will be between 1 and 69 and the powerball number will be 1-26.  

again, when you make the trade you make it with taking in consideration the wide range of where the pick will be.  Having just  a 20% possibility of being pick 5 to most fans here skewers the trade in favor of the fins.   Like  said in an earlier post, I may have made the Trade saturday, but I would not have made in Monday.   

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Ask yourself a serious question. When is the last time the Steelers picked in the Top 5?

I'm not saying it's impossible but it's a long season, it is HIGHLY unlikely. Best case scenario for Miami its probably in the 15-17 range.

Steelers are 0-2 and dont have their qb. 

That is a formula fkr a top 5 pick.

36 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

It's not unprecedented for a back up to come in and play better

May be hard in this game. The 49ers defense is legit, I'm thinking. That pass rush is kind of scary. I'm really looking forward to testing it out against your offensive line. If we create pressure, consistently, I think that I'm buying in on the 49ers defense. If they can't...then maybe it's hit and miss with some top shelf good games. If you keep Rudolph clean, he could certainly have a good game. But if you can't, I think it's going to be asking a lot of him to play better / perform well in this game. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

It's not unprecedented for a back up to come in and play better

No it's not but theres a reason Tomlin has never had a losing season and a large part of the was his future HOF QB. 

Steelers have legit lost the best Trio in the NFL from 2 yrs ago in one full season.

Ben, Bell, Brown

Rudolph, Conner (knee)........JuJu?

Sorry but even to the Goldest of the Gold glasses ,that has to be concerning?

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

No it's not but theres a reason Tomlin has never had a losing season and a large part of the was his future HOF QB. 

Steelers have legit lost the best Trio in the NFL from 2 yrs ago in one full season.

Ben, Bell, Brown

I'm not saying it doesnt significantly increase the chances and I'm not saying it's impossible. All I'm saying is it guarantees nothing either way. That it is possible that a young QB comes in for an injured QB and turns out to be a legit quarterback. Heck, it's happened in Pittsburgh before.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Dolphins gonna have the 1st overall pick, plus a potential top 5-10 pick, then a top 15-20 pick. If their GM messes this up its gonna hurt them cause they are set up for a quick rebuild

Considering the Texans barely beat the Jaguars by 1 point at home, who were also starting a late round rookie QB, I'm not entirely sure the Texans' pick will even be that low

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Dolphins gonna have the 1st overall pick, plus a potential top 5-10 pick, then a top 15-20 pick. If their GM messes this up its gonna hurt them cause they are set up for a quick rebuild

They’ll have #1 pick in 2021 too because no free agents will come next season without serious overpays and Lawrence will see that and stay another year in school to avoid Miami or being trade bait to a rebuild with no picks

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Ben, Bell, Brown

We’re concerned. Of course. Silly to imply we’re not. 

But it looks like the Pats might be one of the best team in the NFL and we lost to Seattle due to a crap defense but only 2 points. We scored 13 points in 6 quarters with Ben; 16 in 2 quarters of Mason. I think there’s some hope there that part of the reason the offense was off is Ben. 

38 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Considering the Texans barely beat the Jaguars by 1 point at home, who were also starting a late round rookie QB, I'm not entirely sure the Texans' pick will even be that low

They also took one of the favorites in the NFC to the wire in their own house (a notorious difficult place to play) on National TV. 

In a pretty spastic division, it's possible the Texans stumble into a division title.