Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

Sometimes you have to figure things out on your own. 

He'll make more mistakes taking this approach but it shouldn't be the kabosh on his career.

Maybe he progresses to a point where he feels good where he's at, but just wants to take that next step to be in the upper tier.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No is predicting anything, he stated his intentions specifically.

Yeah he stated that but now every one is ready to assume he isn’t going to do anything over the offseason because he won’t work with a private throwing coach. 

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This ain’t college man.

I know but I’m just talking baker and his past. You don’t become one of the best college QBs over the past 20years cause the dude had a poor work ethic. 

I’ll be ready to grill Baker if he has another poor offseason and it leads to another poor season. Just not going to start grilling him cause now we are assuming he won’t do anything cause he won’t hire a private coach. 

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

I know but I’m just talking baker and his past. You don’t become one of the best college QBs over the past 20years cause the dude had a poor work ethic. 

This is the highest level of the game. 

There's levels to this Sh*t. 

We're talking about human beings that get paid Millions upon Millions of dollars to maximize their athletic potential and performance full-time and coaches that get paid bags of Millions to never see their children grow up while leading a football team.

Everyone was the best football player on their high school team; every other person was an all-american in college or accomplished player.

It's no longer about solid work ethic anymore when it's you versus 31 other human beings on the planet at your position in a race up the mountain to greatness. 

Solid college work ethic isn't going to cut it at this level. Baker arrived and didn't have a morning routine arriving to the facility about 30 mins before the team's first agenda short meeting commenced. Tyrod Taylor at was there 3 and sometimes 4 hours before that. Does that mean Baker doesn't work hard at all? No, not necessarily. There's a dimension to work ethic that has to do with growing/elevating work habits, critical thinking, planning, and the ability to work smart.

There's a difference between working hard and working hard and smart. Those that have played sports know best that there are tons of people that are busy bodies in the gym or on the field but waste their time spinning their wheels not improving.

Scouts knew coming out that Baker wasn't an elite worker despite the narratives that fans were fed and readily accepted about the "Leader of Men Walk-On" prospect. The truth that the scouting community knew was that he was an ultra-competitor, fantastic arm-talent with accuracy, had great escapability and could extend the play, had a bad tendency to flush right even when not necessary, had emotional discipline issues, had high emotional intelligence, loved celebrity, engaged in media distractions always trying to control narratives about him, and had good but not elite work ethic and commitment to perfecting his craft.

Baker is not an elite hard worker. At least not yet.

Baker is not an elite smart worker. At least not yet.

Nothing is certain at this point regarding what Baker will or won't be.

What he did in college as well as his college work habits don't carry over to now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

😂 

This has been my least favourite season so far. At least with some of the other, more useless teams of the past, there was a redeeming quality that made me feel sorry for their ineptitude.

These guys, from top to bottom, from Head Coach to Quarterback to Receiver, just stunk it up from start to finish, with their entitled attitudes.

Nick Chubb and a couple of the defensive players are pretty much the only ones that can hold their heads up and not feel ashamed about 2019.

10 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

This has been my least favourite season so far. At least with some of the other, more useless teams of the past, there was a redeeming quality that made me feel sorry for their ineptitude.

These guys, from top to bottom, from Head Coach to Quarterback to Receiver, just stunk it up from start to finish, with their entitled attitudes.

Nick Chubb and a couple of the defensive players are pretty much the only ones that can hold their heads up and not feel ashamed about 2019.

I don’t disagree about this being the worst season yet, expectations are a b*tch.

I think you’re getting ahead of yourself with Baker, he’s 24.  People are way too impatient with young QB’s.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree about this being the worst season yet, expectations are a b*tch.

I think you’re getting ahead of yourself with Baker, he’s 24.  People are way too impatient with young QB’s.

I agree with you on that for sure. I only really feel particularly strongly about him because he’s been exactly what I thought he would be so far.

I don’t mind growing pains in terms of learning the game and mistakes when you are fairly young to the league. What irks me even more than those are the weekly childish things he seems to say or do, and the perception I have that he really doesn’t seem to be fully invested in doing the things necessary to be the best he can be.

Nobody likes the guy who makes it all about him when he wins, but can’t front it and take it on the chin when he loses.

We’ve gone from everyone’s second team to the team everyone wants to see f up within a year.

At first I thought that was mostly because modern society loves to build you up just to knock you down. But really it’s just because we have some cocky, entitled guys on our roster.

27 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I agree with you on that for sure. I only really feel particularly strongly about him because he’s been exactly what I thought he would be so far.

I don’t mind growing pains in terms of learning the game and mistakes when you are fairly young to the league. What irks me even more than those are the weekly childish things he seems to say or do, and the perception I have that he really doesn’t seem to be fully invested in doing the things necessary to be the best he can be.

He needs to shut up and play ball, no doubt.  He needs to improve technique and put in the time.

27 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Nobody likes the guy who makes it all about him when he wins, but can’t front it and take it on the chin when he loses.

We’ve gone from everyone’s second team to the team everyone wants to see f up within a year.

At first I thought that was mostly because modern society loves to build you up just to knock you down. But really it’s just because we have some cocky, entitled guys on our roster.

Our fans talked hella crap too.  We were just as insufferable and people are enjoying watching us choke down our humble pie.

• Like 1

I’m glad he’s not a druggie or alcoholic or he’d be trending towards Manziel / Leaf.

Doesn’t need a private trainer? Stupidest thing I’ve read. Homeboy, there’s a LOT wrong with your game right now. You need all the help you can get.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2