Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Yeah,

I read an interesting article that talked about how Kitchens was pretty stubborn and didn't accept help from the analytics team that was telling him we are better in 12 and 21 formations.  Yet we used 11 more than anyone trying to shove that 3rd wide receiver in there.

This is just another example of it.  We were successful at something, and so we didn't use it.

I didn't hate freddie as a head coach (though it was clear he didn't have any idea what he was doing), I did HATE him as an Offensive Coordinator though...

10 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah,

I read an interesting article that talked about how Kitchens was pretty stubborn and didn't accept help from the analytics team that was telling him we are better in 12 and 21 formations.  Yet we used 11 more than anyone trying to shove that 3rd wide receiver in there.

This is just another example of it.  We were successful at something, and so we didn't use it.

I didn't hate freddie as a head coach (though it was clear he didn't have any idea what he was doing), I did HATE him as an Offensive Coordinator though...

nerds and their computers smh

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Yeah,

He once said "I don't read statistics...ever"

I mean, their is taking things with a grain of salt, and then their is being willfully ignorant. Freddie was the later. I think he has potential to be a good coordinator, his play calling last year was pretty solid, this year he regressed as a play caller. 

Who's ready for the Baker DocuSeries with a camera crew following his QB preparation for next year.

Much like his DocuSeries headed into the his year's draft, but this time it will be sponsored by Progressive and Holiday Inn Express.

Oddly enough, the docuseries featured him running on the beach. Maybe he can bring a QB trainer there this time.

MyxzJGx.jpg

Edited by Mind Character

21 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Who's ready for the Baker DocuSeries with a camera crew following his QB preparation for next year.

Much like his DocuSeries headed into the his year's draft, but this time it will be sponsored by Progressive and Holiday Inn Express.

Oddly enough, the docuseries featured him running on the beach. Maybe he can bring a QB trainer there this time.

MyxzJGx.jpg

2-10

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

yes AND

thats not using analytics

thats why dorsey and kitchens got fired.

This.

THAT is analytics, not “a goddam computer doin’ tha draftin’”.

It’s gathering data to show efficiency and inefficiencies.  Only a damned moron wouldn’t apply the data or see its value.

• Like 2

yeah the more that comes out about freddie
the more i realize i let the allure of the sweet sweet drafting ability of john dorsey cloud my usually sane mind
the "gut feel" football guys are dinosaurs and will be gone in 10 years.  i never want to hear about it again

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This.

THAT is analytics, not “a goddam computer doin’ tha draftin’”.

It’s gathering data to show efficiency and inefficiencies.  Only a damned moron wouldn’t apply the data or see its value.

I mean call it what you want.  It's pure stupidity on a coach's part to NOT do what your most successful at.  It shows how truly out of depth that Freddie was.  If you wanna call that analytics....great.  There are high school coaches that watch film, and look at tendencies to figure out what the other team does in certain down and distances.  With someone that is handing that info to you, and you still ignore it....then..you get fired.

• Like 2

I mean, I’m extremely confident and can say beyond a doubt that our entire HS staff is the most analytics driven team in Southwest Ohio, but in HS it’s easier to make in game decisions to that end due in large part to the lack of legitimate punting, kicking, and kickoff threats.

For example, we are known for onside kicking CONSTANTLY, but we also did a thorough analytical analysis that our KO Coverage average field position was the 42, so forfeiting another 6-9 yards while having the opportunity for an extra possession was a no brainer.

Similarly the same metrics should be used on draft picks, free agent money, etc, especially in the salary cap era/sport.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, I’m extremely confident and can say beyond a doubt that our entire HS staff is the most analytics driven team in Southwest Ohio, but in HS it’s easier to make in game decisions to that end due in large part to the lack of legitimate punting, kicking, and kickoff threats.

For example, we are known for onside kicking CONSTANTLY, but we also did a thorough analytical analysis that our KO Coverage average field position was the 42, so forfeiting another 6-9 yards while having the opportunity for an extra possession was a no brainer.

Similarly the same metrics should be used on draft picks, free agent money, etc, especially in the salary cap era/sport.

What was your teams 2019 record.

• Like 3