Whats up with Baker

CBrownsman

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Baker is the crap. 

If Freddie and Monken are either one back after the inability to get the play in, lined up correctly, playclock winding down, etc., then I'm going to freak out. Clean house on the entire offensive end. That's 100% on the coaching staff if you have proven veteran WRs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If Freddie and Monken are either one back after the inability to get the play in, lined up correctly, playclock winding down, etc., then I'm going to freak out. Clean house on the entire offensive end. That's 100% on the coaching staff if you have proven veteran WRs.

I mean, it’s not like these are rookie coaches either.

Adam Henry, Monken and Freddie been around a while...

I think Freddie is slow to get the plays in, but I have no clue.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

This year I think we’re witnessing the Three Stooges reincarnation. 

I get that it’s really, REALLY painful for some admitting this given our franchises terrible history with QBs. However, it’s completely delusional to not acknowledge he has been a bottom 5 (maybe the worst) QB in the NFL this year.

He needs a new coach and better offensive line. Next year will be his evaluation year.

• Like 1

Just now, candyman93 said:

I get that it’s really, REALLY painful for some admitting this given our franchises terrible history with QBs. However, it’s completely delusional to not acknowledge he has been a bottom 5 (maybe the worst) QB in the NFL this year.

He needs a new coach and better offensive line. Next year will be his evaluation year.

With his third HC, OC annd QB coach in three years.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Have you seen anything from Freddie Kitchens as a HC that leads you to believe he will help with the development of Baker?

Hell no. I want everyone gone. But it'll still be three in three.

Well, outside keeping ST, though if the new HC wants his own, it wouldn't be a sticking point.

Edited by Don Roshi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

reading this

this part really tells you all there is to know about BM. 

“When it’s OTAs, the voluntary minicamps and stuff like that, it needs to be driven towards stuff that is actually going to help us in the year. You do not need to waste reps and your time when we are here in the spring."

zero accountability iyam. 

His endorsement deals need to go to Lamar.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

reading this

this part really tells you all there is to know about BM. 

“When it’s OTAs, the voluntary minicamps and stuff like that, it needs to be driven towards stuff that is actually going to help us in the year. You do not need to waste reps and your time when we are here in the spring."

zero accountability iyam. 

I mean, he was defending OBJ with those statements.  

Baker was here and participating.  OBJ wasn’t.  

• Like 1

My biggest fear ever with Baker is that he's not really ever going to obsess about greatness and put in the time like a Brees, Brady, Watson...

Baker's comments seem to me that he thinks a better OTAs will lead to the team taking the next step. He keeps putting it on chemistry issues and getting guys together in the off-season. That is very important and glad to see he's seeing that improvement is important.

While OTAs are very very important, but he has to look inside and has to take leaps and bounds forward even before OTAs in regards to his footwork, speed to drop depth, overall mechanics, overall understanding of defense, eye discipline and training, and more.

He has to make up ground before OTAs.

OBJ and Jarvis coming off surgeries may or may not be available in OTAs. Baker has to have the mindset that there's no excuses and he has to take responsibility for his own progression.

A new QB coach can help him.

The Team and players have to help him.

All is not lost with Baker, but this off-season is colossal. He has to go get it. So, many QBs are working hard to elevate... can his work and obsession with the game and winning separate him or at least give him a chance to become a real consistent force? I don't know. Watson, Dak, Wentz and Lamar obsess over improvement and put in elite time as younger QBs... can Baker become what Urban Meyer once called "an offseason personal growth maniac."

We need it; we need it desperately.

Edited by Mind Character

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

My biggest fear ever with Baker is that he's not really ever going to obsess about greatness and put in the time like a Brees, Brady, Watson...

Baker's comments seem to me that he thinks a better OTAs will lead to the team taking the next step. While OTAs are very very important, but he has to look inside and has to take leaps and bounds forward even before OTAs in regards to his footwork, speed to drop depth, overall mechanics, overall understanding of defense, eye discipline and training, and more.

He has to make up ground before OTAs.

OBJ and Jarvis coming off surgeries may or may not be available in OTAs. Baker has to have the mindset that there's no excuses and he has to take responsibility for his own progression.

A new QB coach can help him.

The Team and players have to help him.

All is not lost with Baker, but this off-season is colossal. He has to go get it. So, many QBs are working hard to elevate... can his work and obsession with the game and winning separate him or at least give him a chance to become a real consistent force? I don't know. Watson, Dak, Wentz and Lamar obsess over improvement and put in elite time as younger QBs... can Baker become what Urban Meyer once called "an offseason personal growth maniac."

We need it; we need it desperately.

We'll see how Baker responds this coming year. Maybe he bought into the hype he was getting and didn't put in 100% effort during the offseason. I'm sure this year has humbled him and the rest of the team, so we'll see what they're made of next year. They'll see that just having raw talent isn't enough to be successful and that they'll (hopefully) put in more work this offseason.

• Like 1