2020 College Prospects

BroncoBruin

2 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Because you’re saying we need another RB in that 2nd 3rd round range.  Which would take away from other positions.  Do you really not get that?

I just want the average weight of the entire Broncos draft class to be 290lbs... Fat guys win football games. Im not sure how they dont take a OT/OG in RD1 top 10 and Elway has shown that his 'sweet spot' for skill position players is RD2-RD3. He loves himself a late 1st-early 2nd round WR. Dont see anyway they invest a top round pick on a RB especially with Lindsay/Freeman still under their rookie deals. 

Maybe in 2 years Freeman gets let go and they fill his void in the mid-rounds then, but as long as he is making 1.2million per season---there is no way they are going to spend anything on a RB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm more confident in the rest of this tackle class then you. I also think the top end of this class is 12 deep. A trade down and still going BPA at position of need while picking up a game breaking talent to protect Lock and long term Viability of Lindsay and Freeman or whatever they have left to offer this organization is the move.

ET is extraterrestrial hes got a unique running style. I want him or Harris or Chubba your selections are great plan Bs

Who are my selections you're alluding to? There isn't a single running back I feel like they "need" to get. Go get Joshua Kelley in the 6th, that sounds good. That's fair investment at the position. A 1st or 2nd on the running back position is the single worst use of resources imaginable. You're in fantasy land with this team, daydreaming about #3 running backs and taking Jalen Hurts to use him as a gadget player, a freaking gadget player. Pair those two picks with the best long snapper in college football and you're really cooking. Just complete delusion regarding where this franchise is at and the many pieces they need to add. 

Elway and Russell have their flaws, but they are not going to waste critical capital at the RB position with Lindsay and Freeman on the roster. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Who are my selections you're alluding to? There isn't a single running back I feel like they "need" to get. Go get Joshua Kelley in the 6th, that sounds good. That's fair investment at the position. A 1st or 2nd on the running back position is the single worst use of resources imaginable. You're in fantasy land with this team, daydreaming about #3 running backs and taking Jalen Hurts to use him as a gadget player, a freaking gadget player. Pair those two picks with the best long snapper in college football and you're really cooking. Just complete delusion regarding where this franchise is at and the many pieces they need to add. 

Elway and Russell have their flaws, but they are not going to waste critical capital at the RB position with Lindsay and Freeman on the roster. 

I could be wrong, but Freeman seems inconsistent to me. I like him, but think the Broncos could use a real bell cow. Lindsay is awesome, but I don't think his long term role is the number one option at RB. Therefore, I'm okay with theveryone Broncos using a 2nd pick on a guy like Swift.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Who are my selections you're alluding to? There isn't a single running back I feel like they "need" to get. Go get Joshua Kelley in the 6th, that sounds good. That's fair investment at the position. A 1st or 2nd on the running back position is the single worst use of resources imaginable.

This class is about 5 tackles deep the guy from Oregon I hear good things about. 

If you go rb like one of those blue chip talents and you use a 3 headed monster rb attack. That rb will most likely be worthy of a second contract bc you're not redlining him. It's a chess move. Why do you think niners signed Coleman from Atlanta????

Bc he wasn't red lined 

You say San Francisco doesn't value the position answer this final question how much did they pay that rb from Minnesota via free agency and what is that equivalent to draft picks wise?

think how much Houston spent to eat the brock contract??

mic drop!!!!!!!

Edited by thebestever6

33 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I could be wrong, but Freeman seems inconsistent to me. I like him, but think the Broncos could use a real bell cow. Lindsay is awesome, but I don't think his long term role is the number one option at RB. Therefore, I'm okay with theveryone Broncos using a 2nd pick on a guy like Swift.

This is not Freeman who is inconsistent. This is the OL as Lindsay will be more effective with a good OL.

Bolles/Leary/Wilkinson and James injury are a concern. Replace them with just average players and you will be better in the trenches.

22 minutes ago, French Fan said:

This is not Freeman who is inconsistent. This is the OL as Lindsay will be more effective with a good OL.

Bolles/Leary/Wilkinson and James injury are a concern. Replace them with just average players and you will be better in the trenches.

100% right but if the board falls a certain way and the 2nd 3rd round offers a blue chip rb prospect you pounce on that all day.

Lock needs as much support as he can get for a young qb and I don't see a Jerrick Mkinnon move in free agency. 

Maybe a Tevin Coleman esque move which pushes that bpa down but what are the rbs with extremely low mileage that deserve 5 mill a year? I don't think Riddick is it.

Edited by thebestever6

2 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Therefore, I'm okay with theveryone Broncos using a 2nd pick on a guy like Swift.

There not gonna be big players in free agency so unless there's a low mileage Tevin Coleman growing on a tree somewhere with an expiring contract pushing that bpa down to round 3 no one should rule this out. 

It's smart Management of a rookie qb besides upgrading the line. Philly could of signed Tevin Coleman and not gone Sanders but they didn't. They traded a 6th for Howard and invested a second rounder into the position.

Why because Wentz just like Lock holds on to the ball too long playing hero ball. So they got him a nice in line te (Goedert) and a swiss army rb in (Sanders) who also can be a safety valve in the passing game. 

You make Wentz and Locks reads so easy rookie contract that those habits break because the reads are too obvious. Carr looks 1000xs better this year with Jacob's in the backfield. I know Wentz isn't on his rookie deal but it's still the rookie timeline because of all the injuries he's sustained. 

Look up Travis Etienne he is so sudden he can run in a phone booth and if you give him the outside you're in trouble. If he has great hands he's definitely round 2 material for this team he can be a chess piece you move all over the field ala Marshall Faulk/Kamara two birds one stone one pick.

Edited by thebestever6

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

I mean Eno Benjamin late round 3 or round 4 sounds so much better to me than any of these guys you’ve mentioned in the top 2 rounds.  As does Ke’shawn Vaughn.

At @BroncoBruin it's germ-x selections I'm pointing out I don't see these two guys being late round 3 round 4 guys though. Eno Benjamin was ahead of Swift on someone's board he is most likely a round 2 guy.

Vaughn is an early to mid round 3 guy as of rn. The position will be addressed on day two at the latest take these words as gospel.

@broncofan48 that bet is on for injury but I should be able to hedge my bet that it's null and void if they sign a low mileage tevin Coleman/Mkinnon move in free agency.  That's the only way rb gets pushed to day 3. I'd rather go day 2 in this loaded class or a Tevin Coleman move than a Mkinnon move gooooooshh. 

Edited by thebestever6

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Joshua Kelley in the 6th, that sounds good

Joshua Kelley, RB, UCLA 
Height: 5-11. Weight: 204. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 
Projected Round (2020): 3-5. 

Hmmmmmm a 6th round pick doesn't add up there unless medical red flags start to pop up, or a poor interview, or isn't smart enough to pick up and offense. 

You spin your narrative better the @AnAngryAmerican after a loss lol. At least he had a gimmick lol .

Patriots went rb round 3 last year did they need Damian Harris?? 

They had Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead, James White, and another guy who's name is alluding my mind.

Once Damian Harris gets unleashed in December in the swirl of a playoff run like CJ Anderson for the rams last year no one will question that pick.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Maybe in 2 years Freeman gets let go and they fill his void in the mid-rounds then, but as long as he is making 1.2million per season---there is no way they are going to spend anything on a RB

What's critical capital? I'm talking round 2 or 3? Round 3 with 3 picks seems logical. Round two I can't hate because there's guys with Elite skill sets that will be available round 2.

Round one I completely agree I'd still like a Buffalo style trade back that's the move. Get your olineman, get a dlineman, get a linebacker, get your blue chip rb, and get your number 2 nuisance matchup nightmare wr, and if there's a developmental high upside inline te consider them at some point I hear this class is weak at TE though.

Edited by thebestever6

All of this is usually moot until we see the FA situation. Or, for example, if we choose not to re-sign Justin Simmons, maybe a safety becomes a draft priority, though I doubt we'll let him walk. 

Assuming we pick Top 10, however, I am expecting our pick to either be OT, WR, QB, or DL. The QB piece is obviously predicated on how Lock does or what we think of him. 

Edited by broncos67
  • Like 1

If FO don't go ILB or T with the first 2 picks next draft it's a professionnal fault. These 2 positions are critical and we are weak today.

We need to take a WR with a 3 rd pick (Hamilton will not be a 2nd WR even in Miami)

After the 3 picks they can go everywhere and don't forget Punter. Colby Waldman is horrible.

McMahon said "He’s going to be a great punter" Ok replace the Special team coordinator

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

All of this is usually moot until we see the FA situation. Or, for example, if we choose not to re-sign Justin Simmons, maybe a safety becomes a draft priority, though I doubt we'll let him walk

10000% right I just see Terrell Davis when I watch Travis Etienne in this offense hope that's not blasphemous.  His break tackle ability can use refinement, he can learn convert speed to power but mannn he has gifts and instincts running you cant coach.

He runs in a phone booth, and has homerun ability.