Week 3 GDT

SteelKing728

4 minutes ago, Magnifico said:

I really overrated the Eagles coming into the year. Yeh I know injuries, but they've been impressive in the 2nd half of week 1 and that's about it.

If Matt Ryan wasn't playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick, last Sunday should have been a lot more straightforward for the Falcons

I’m not sure yet. Detroit was my playoff sleeper pick.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

Don't understand the hostility to the guy on this point - he's not saying Mahomes should ignore the playcall, he's saying that having wide open receivers makes his job easier. That Reid scheming good screen plays flatters his numbers, and that you can't crown a guy some kind of transformative generational talent based on less than two seasons of production under one of the best offensive coaches of all time.

It's a perfectly rational position to take. Especially on a day where Mahomes has had two picks cancelled out by good luck, and scored two long TDs on a screen and a busted coverage.

In Reid's extensive coaching career, how many QBs has he had throw for 5000 yards or 50 tds?

I'm not saying he's not been fortunate or the system doesn't work well for him, but every great QB has been in a system that worked to their strengths. To suggest he's a product of the system or that what he does is eznps its a more deceptive narrative than the once-in-a-generation argument.

And "two picks cancelled out by good luck" is ridiculous too. The PI was legit (and the guy he was throwing to) and while yes I will concede, he WAS very fortunate that he didn't get the throw to Watkins picked, it also would have been a HELL of a catch by the defender.

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

You are explaining to apparently a bunch of very basic fans who are like kids watching fireworks. They are giddy about non-contextual stats. My rule of thumb on qb throws is apply level of difficulty to the throw and if it doesnt exceed a 6, color me unimpressed. 

Lamar make that throw, these fans ehh luckym if Mahomes made that throw "DA GOD IS A CHEAT CODE".

its embarrasing. Is this twitter?

It's football. Why are you so into your feelings?