Week 3 takeaways?

brownie man

On 23/09/2019 at 2:26 PM, Forge said:

Funny thing to say after last game. He was actually very good against the Steelers. The two INTs yesterday both were catchable balls thrown to receivers that bounced up and were picked, though the Pettis throw was a hard catch to make. 

I'm not sure how good he is or isn't...some of his metrics are outstanding (adjusted net yards per attempt, 7.11, yards per attempt 8.6 with the 49ers), and then there's the curiously high INT rate. 

Yes he's an enigma right now. If he can eliminate the needless INTs we have seen then he can be very effective. 

On 9/23/2019 at 5:59 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

Agholor, Arcega-Whiteside, and Hollins are essentially James Thrash, Todd Pinkston, and Freddie Mitchell. I've never seen a trio of WRs have so many critical drops that hit them right in the hands. That doesn't include Goedert who also had a wide open drop in the end zone. I can only imagine how frustrated Wentz and Pederson are.

Who puts on the belt on this current team?

If any of you football nerds haven't watched the Patriots defense yet, you have to.

They're ~18 players deep with guys who fill roles in a hybrid 3-4 defense. The communication level is insanely high, they all tackle well, and most of them punch above their weight at the point of attack.

The trend around the league in recent years has been to get simpler to play faster, and get younger. Meanwhile the Pats have Devin McCourty in his 10th season on the team. Chung in his 10th. Hightower in his 8th. Duron Harmon in his 7th. Jason McCourty is literally Devin’s twin. Jamie Collins has been in the system in the past... there's a huge amount of system experience and it's manifesting itself as a level of team chemistry you don't really see nowadays.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Riftty said:

I'm sold on both. I just need to see a bigger sample size before I crown one of them....

Im fairly confident that they are 1A and 1B however.

Between these two teams they have played.

Panthers w/ bum Cam
Brees'less Saints
Browns
Steelers
Dolphins
Jets

These teams have combined to go 4-14 so far. People dont want to give the Packers their due, due to our opponents, but were crowning these two already? K.

Edited by Cheesehawk

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Between these two teams they have played.

Panthers w/ bum Cam
Brees'less Saints
Browns
Steelers
Dolphins
Jets

These teams have combined to go 4-14 so far. People dont want to give the Packers their due to our opponents, but were crowning these two already? K.

I agree. Too early into the season to exactly tell how good some defenses are.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:
On 9/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, Danger said:

Star runningbacks are icing on the cake. They make a cake taste a whole hell of a lot better, but having icing and no cake is kinda pointless.

The depth of this proverb mindboggling. 

I call BS. Calvert is a huge RB truther and him saying this goes against the last 3 years of rhetoric. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 24isthelaw said:

If any of you football nerds haven't watched the Patriots defense yet, you have to.

They're ~18 players deep with guys who fill roles in a hybrid 3-4 defense. The communication level is insanely high, they all tackle well, and most of them punch above their weight at the point of attack.

The trend around the league in recent years has been to get simpler to play faster, and get younger. Meanwhile the Pats have Devin McCourty in his 10th season on the team. Chung in his 10th. Hightower in his 8th. Duron Harmon in his 7th. Jason McCourty is literally Devin’s twin. Jamie Collins has been in the system in the past... there's a huge amount of system experience and it's manifesting itself as a level of team chemistry you don't really see nowadays.

Doesn't look like they'll be tested against a quality passer until after their week 10 BYE. Will be interesting. 

Edited by PapaShogun

22 hours ago, 24isthelaw said:

Pass