2019 WEEK 4 PACKERS vs eagles GAME DAY THREAD

Shanedorf

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

Are you kidding?  They passed the ball from the 1 6 times in the last 2 series and we got zero points from it.  All off-season we heard our HC preach about how he was going to improve the run game and how this offense was going to be built upon it.

Jones is a small, cut back / cut it outside guy.

He's never been a between the tackles guy....or its not his strength - and seriously........you're not going to propose that MORE running would have had a better effect.

Jones averaged 1.61 yds per carry. You think more carries was the answer? Sure...to quicker 3 + outs.
AR averaged 9.2 yds per carry.

The running game was SHUT DOWN by Philly. They were short in the secondary and were jamming the box and rushing lanes to get to AR.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Frankly, if Pettine can't put his finger in the dike, he's no better than Capers. There is enough talent on the field. Can't have Pro Bowlers at every position

But look what he has on the roster atm. He doesn't have the tools to stop a power running game.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Frankly, if Pettine can't put his finger in the dike, he's no better than Capers. There is enough talent on the field. Can't have Pro Bowlers at every position

Good god, you just love to be miserable, don't you? I have rarely, if ever, seen you post anything even remotely positive. Everything is doom and gloom with you. 

14 minutes ago, SSG said:

There should be complaints about that offense.  That was a terrible Philly defense

That terrible Defense made us one dimensional. That terrible defense got more pressure on our QB than we got on theirs. That terrible D made more plays  and they made the one to seal the W.  Like I said they get paid too. 

Our defense held 3 previous opponents under 20 points one under 10 on the road.  If you would've told me the Eagles would come to Lambeau Field and put up 34 I would have bet you my paycheck.

I know you're upset be you're directing your anger toward the wrong side of the ball, the defense lost that game period. Me and you could have ran through those holes Philly made. If they don't get that run D solved this team will be sitting at home in January. That was an embarrassing performance  to watch especially on prime time.

32 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

We really need an impact DL next to Clark who can penetrate and get some kind of pressure and another ILB to take pressure off Martinez or even be an upgrade to him. 

It is tough because we also have a few positions on offense like OT if Buluga leaves and somehow getting Rodgers another weapon or two. 

Agreed on all of this.

The defense was so devoid of talent when Gute took over that even though he has attacked outside linebacker, cornerback, and safety, we still need another defensive lineman or two and, of course there is perennial the weakness at inside linebacker/Safety hybrid.

As you also note, T is an obvious need next season as are WR and TE on the offensive side of the ball.

Lots of work and hope Gute gets to it.

16 minutes ago, FAH1223 said:

Zach Brown was signed in May by the Eagles. He's the type of player the Packers need in the middle. 

Howler was talking about tonight's game results and how our current roster played into them.

You respond about a Philly signing from back in May?

It seems clear the two teams have different ideas on the type D they want to run.

GB was trying to pair Martinez up with Burks (small/fast).

Hurt.

Then Green (small/fast).

Hurt.

Now that second slot is manned by I dont know who - but I sense its an extra defensive back most of the time.
They brought Goodson in to be a banger - not sure how much he's contributed too date. He's credited with 3 tackles tonight in I dont know how many snaps.

Martinez is on an island out there at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Martinez is on an island out there at the moment.

This was my biggest gripe tonight. It seemed like Pettine didnt even really stack the box with 1 ILB. He dared them to run vs a soft look and the Eagles thanked them. And he played it pretty much the entire game. Even after the half he still went to it.

At some point you gotta play Goodson/Summers with Martinez, switch it up at the very least because you're getting consistently scored on playing the same formation. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd