Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm more curious about the potential Availability of Corey Davis after they signed Humph and drafted Brown. Any chance he could be had? 

0%

This organization has struggled to bring in WR talent since it’s inception and now that we actually have some good ones there’s no way we’re going to give up the one with perhaps most potential.

His lack of production is also a product of bad QB play. He’s averaging 3.3 yards of separation, he just needs the ball thrown to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

0%

This organization has struggled to bring in WR talent since it’s inception and now that we actually have some good ones there’s no way we’re going to give up the one with perhaps most potential.

His lack of production is also a product of bad QB play. He’s averaging 3.3 yards of separation, he just needs the ball thrown to him

I would love for Detroit to get Corey Davis! He needs to get out of TEN.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

who do you think is off limits?

Well, I'm not even 100 percent sure Elway is there yet, TBH.  But now it's at least a 80+ percent probability.  A thrashing by IND week 8 would do it for sure.  But I'd hope Elway starts taking calls tomorrow, since the IND game only leaves 2 days to sell, and another game's impact to reduce the return on a selloff.  No trade can take effect until Monday now, since the game's been played...but at least we can see and set the market.

Von isn't for sale.  Crazy, I know.  Because if there's a way to get 2 1sts, it's to sell Von.  But Elway is firm on that.  He's part of the rebuild.

Harris, Sanders & Wolfe are for sure in the mix.   Harris renegotiated his deal with Elway to not get franchise tagged so he can walk to FA.  So as long as someone offers a 3rd (and a 2nd will get it done tomorrow IMO), that's a no-brainer.   Sanders & Wolfe are likely too expensive to re-up, so they are likely on the block too.   After that, there's no real difference makers that I see who aren't part of the rebuild.  Other than those 3 (and Wolfe is debatable how much he's actually helping, but he's a character/glue guy who would help any good team be better, just not an alpha by himself), though, our best guys are young and cost-controlled.  So it wouldn't be a sell-off of youth, like we are seeing with MIA.   More to max out value on guys who won't be back in 2020.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well, I'm not even 100 percent sure Elway is there yet, TBH.  But now it's at least a 80+ percent probability.  A thrashing by IND week 8 would do it for sure.  But I'd hope Elway starts taking calls tomorrow, since the IND game only leaves 2 days to sell, and another game's impact to reduce the return on a selloff.  No trade can take effect until Monday now, since the game's been played...but at least we can see and set the market.

Von isn't for sale.  Crazy, I know.  Because if there's a way to get 2 1sts, it's to sell Von.  But Elway is firm on that.  He's part of the rebuild.

Harris, Sanders & Wolfe are for sure in the mix.   Harris renegotiated his deal with Elway to not get franchise tagged so he can walk to FA.  So as long as someone offers a 3rd (and a 2nd will get it done tomorrow IMO), that's a no-brainer.   Sanders & Wolfe are likely too expensive to re-up, so they are likely on the block too.   After that, there's no real difference makers that I see who aren't part of the rebuild.  Other than those 3 (and Wolfe is debatable how much he's actually helping, but he's a character/glue guy who would help any good team be better, just not an alpha by himself), though, our best guys are young and cost-controlled.  So it wouldn't be a sell-off of youth, like we are seeing with MIA.   More to max out value on guys who won't be back in 2020.

Yeah Von on the market would perk up a lot of ears and open those phone lines. Makes any team better.
Would be a solid play for both sides, but yeah can't see it happening.

I wonder what the end deal for Harris would be,
I doubt they would trade him in division to KC...which at this point is one of our biggest competition in the CB market
But maybe they would, IDK.

Sanders would be a nice cheap addition at this point, sure up the wideouts with a vet. 

Makes too much sense for Howie to call about them both, let's hope John isn't delusional.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Von on the market would perk up a lot of ears and open those phone lines. Makes any team better.
Would be a solid play for both sides, but yeah can't see it happening.

I wonder what the end deal for Harris would be,
I doubt they would trade him in division to KC...which at this point is one of our biggest competition in the CB market
But maybe they would, IDK.

Sanders would be a nice cheap addition at this point, sure up the wideouts with a vet. 

Makes too much sense for Howie to call about them both, let's hope John isn't delusional.

Harris will be held until the 29th unless a team offers a 2nd IMO, especially if it's team easily projected to be in the 20's like PHI slot-wise.    Delusional would be asking for a 1st, for a rental IMO it's not happening.   Asking for a 2nd works for Roseman, since a guy like Harris will get a top 10 contract, so end-of-3rd 2021 compensation is very likely.   It's why I truly don't see Elway taking a 3rd from anyone, understanding the added value in the comp pick formula given Harris' contract guarantees he hits the open market as a UFA who won't be tagged, so will get top-value offers barring serious injury.

Sanders is probably at a 3rd or 4th - again, more likely to be a 3rd if it's a team like PHI.  As DEN owns 2 3rds, I could also see a 2nd and 4th for DEN or PIT 3rd  (one, not both picks) type scenario, too.

Edited by Broncofan

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Von isn't for sale.  Crazy, I know.  Because if there's a way to get 2 1sts, it's to sell Von.  But Elway is firm on that.  He's part of the rebuild

If you actually believe this I might try selling you the golden gate bridge.  Once CHJ and Sanders go, possibly Wolfe the store is open and 31 teams know that.

Elway was a used car salesman Von is the best car left in the lot. I really like that car they don't make them like that anymore. That car is the one I drove on the most memorable trip of my life I can't let it go for anything less than this. In reality if a team gets close to that price or matches it he gone lol.