Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

8 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Any chance NE looks at OJ Howard as a potential target? He's not being used at all in TB under Arians and the Pats need weapons in the worst way.

I think that they have to be willing to shell out for that. Even though Arians isn't using him, I think the cost to acquire him would be fairly high. 

Brate would be an interesting guy to go after. His contract is insane, but at the same time, its' actually very flexible because everything is base salary with no signing bonus. So they could convert everything but the vet minimum this year to a SB to lower the cap hit. Heck, you could actually do that for this years salary and next year, and with 4 years left on the deal, get his cap hit down to say 3.5 - 4 million the first two years of the deal. The pats still would have to work around some money, but a lot less that way. 

The guy they may want to look at though is your very own Tyler Eifert. Injury will always be a factor, but he's a guy that has talent when he's healthy, is cheap, a rental, and the Bengals should be selling off any part that isn't bolted down at this juncture. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The guy they may want to look at though is your very own Tyler Eifert. Injury will always be a factor, but he's a guy that has talent when he's healthy, is cheap, a rental, and the Bengals should be selling off any part that isn't bolted down at this juncture. 

I would be okay with that at this point, and that would be a great fit for NE. I just don't know if they would be interested in acquiring any player suited to be governed by a snap count given his injury history.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, Broncofan said:

You take on 11/16 of the salary.

Not to nitpick here but players get paid for 17 weeks. 

Imagine getting traded after your team had a bye, to a team that hasnt had their bye, and only getting 15 game checks. 

• Like 3

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I would be okay with that at this point, and that would be a great fit for NE. I just don't know if they would be interested in acquiring any player suited to be governed by a snap count given his injury history.

Honestly, don't know that they are all that concerned about the snap count thing. I dont' think that NE would be scared of running a TE by committee approach and using him for situations that he's ideally matched for to maximize his impact (short yardage situations and redzone). But that's just my opinion based on how we have seen NE manage their roster in the past. I do agree that it would be a really nice fit for them though, even if he's only playing 35-40% of the snaps, I think that they could get some really nice value from his on field play. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Any chance NE looks at OJ Howard as a potential target? He's not being used at all in TB under Arians and the Pats need weapons in the worst way.

I could see a lot of teams placing a call to Tampa for Howard. New England is one that makes a ton of sense as they may have the worst TE corp in the NFL. I would hope the Bills place a call as well. They need another pass catcher and a big body security blanket like Howard would be a great fit with Josh Allen. Jacksonville would be another great fit. I would love him in GB but dont see that happening. 

Just now, Forge said:

I feel like you guys are just going to keep him and then franchise tag him next year. 

It’s more likely he’s staying. The Bengals just don’t have a history of trading players, especially their best ones (unless they are sitting at home on a couch, aka Palmer)

• Like 1

I'm just going to throw this out here, even though there hasn't been any talk/rumors about it.  Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph might be a player that teams should inquire about.  He doesn't have any health issues, but due to our scheme he has only caught 6 passes this year and he is usually good for a lot more than that through 5 games.  We have Theilen, Diggs, Cook, and rookie TE Irv Smith as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings were willing to let Rudolph go for the right price.  It would also give us a little breathing room on the salary cap.  It seems like kind of a waste to have a guy like Rudolph not being utilized if he can help out another team.

Remember the botched McCarron trade? That about sums up the probability of us trading AJ. They will wait till the last minute of the deadline to try and see how much value they can get, then probably just hang onto him, then we will hear later that teams were offering a 1st and  conditional 3rd or something crazy like that. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm just going to throw this out here, even though there hasn't been any talk/rumors about it.  Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph might be a player that teams should inquire about.  He doesn't have any health issues, but due to our scheme he has only caught 6 passes this year and he is usually good for a lot more than that through 5 games.  We have Theilen, Diggs, Cook, and rookie TE Irv Smith as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings were willing to let Rudolph go for the right price.  It would also give us a little breathing room on the salary cap.  It seems like kind of a waste to have a guy like Rudolph not being utilized if he can help out another team.

Makes sense for MN to explore trading him. Rudolph just isn’t used. I’d be completely content with a late round pick too, just don’t see him in MN next year. David Morgan will be coming back midsession and he’s a much better blocker than Rudolph, leaving Smith to be the primary receiving threat.

it seems the offense is getting more out of Bisi Johnson as that 3rd or 4th option than Rudolph.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Some hack reporter suggested 2 weeks ago Jax already turned down that offer plus an extra 1st. I don't believe it was actually offered, but who knows.

Khan's not trading Ramsey unless Jalen's smart and goes full AB to go out of town!

You never go Full AB!!