Trade Deadline Rumors

TakeTheBallDeep

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

What’s wrong with cooks? Aside from being concussed?

Nothings wrong with him actually (besides the concussions). The O-Line is the basis of the Rams problems this year IMO. With their poor play, we have no run game and the play action is less effective. Goff can't pull off a 5-7 step drop without pressure so the time Cooks deep routes take to develop never turn into anything. And since that hasn't worked, we are in 12 personnel more vs 11 personnel (2 TE vs 3WR). 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What’s wrong with cooks? Aside from being concussed?

He thinks we'll save money by trading Cooks but it'll cost us dearly next year if we trade him. Same with Higbee in fact trading those two would eat up almost our entire open cap next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

He thinks we'll save money by trading Cooks but it'll cost us dearly next year if we trade him. Same with Higbee in fact trading those two would eat up almost our entire open cap next year. 

You can divide contractual obligations however you see fit. That is part of the negotiation of a trade. But at first glance we would be on the hook for 17.5Mil i think in dead money. 

20 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You can divide contractual obligations however you see fit. That is part of the negotiation of a trade. But at first glance we would be on the hook for 17.5Mil i think in dead money. 

No sorry that's not how it'll work at all. I've explained it before but you never seem to pay attention. Suffice it to say that trading Cooks for Williams would eat up all our cap space this year which reduces the amount that we can roll over next year and all his remaining signing bonus and triggered option bonus comes due. It would ruin our cap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MortexLion said:

Have you not heard of a rental But as a Lions fan I don't see it happening..I could see a Joe Mixon 

The Chargers aren't going to give him away for a rental price though. They'll be able to net a 3rd round comp if he signs elsewhere next offseason, so they'd be looking for more than that from the team(s) that want him. I doubt the Lions would hand over a 2nd for a rental.

And no, Mixon is not for sale. 

52 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Nothings wrong with him actually (besides the concussions). The O-Line is the basis of the Rams problems this year IMO. With their poor play, we have no run game and the play action is less effective. Goff can't pull off a 5-7 step drop without pressure so the time Cooks deep routes take to develop never turn into anything. And since that hasn't worked, we are in 12 personnel more vs 11 personnel (2 TE vs 3WR). 

We were in 11 personnel almost exclusively yesterday... Even with Cooks injured in Q1. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The Chargers aren't going to give him away for a rental price though. They'll be able to net a 3rd round comp if he signs elsewhere next offseason, so they'd be looking for more than that from the team(s) that want him. I doubt the Lions would hand over a 2nd for a rental.

And no, Mixon is not for sale. 

As a Lions fan I want nothing to do with Mixon. Keep the trash in Cincy!

1 hour ago, BZski said:

As a Lions fan I want nothing to do with Mixon. Keep the trash in Cincy!

I don't see Mixon or Hunt ending up in Detroit with current ownership. Quinn has also said we have a zero tolerance policy regarding DV.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/06/07/martha-ford-detroit-lions/85546454/

Take that with all the grains of salt in the world, though.