Dave Gettleman and the Giants rebuild

Gmen

39 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Lots of those were spun in a very positive light, but this one takes the cake.

Dexter Lawrence on his way to Elite status

Against both the Minnesota Vikings and New England Patriots, Lawrence looked like a guy in a completely different league. He has been making professional NFL players look like semi-pro armatures on the regular.
Edited by Gmen

4 minutes ago, Gmen said:

A bunch of whiny prima donnas like OBJ, Josh Norman and Landon Collins don’t like the way they were treated? Truly brings a tear to my eye. 

I'm not saying who's right or wrong I'm just saying there's a lot of can't teach an old dog new tricks to Dave. 

We'll see if it pays off down the road. Until it does I'm not crowning him. Unless Giants get superb leadership on defense more prima donas will be brought in at some point in the future. 

How's Dave going to handle it? Hows the Giants new crowned leadership going to handle it? 

Found this comparison on twitter to be very interesting: 

Kyle Allen (23) 

• 4-0
  • Completion Percentage - 65.6%
  • Y/A - 7.6
  • TD/INT - 7/0

Daniel Jones (22)

• 2-2 
  • Completion Percentage - 60.7%
  • Y/A - 6.6
  • TD/INT - 5/6

Should we pump the breaks on Danny Dimes and the Gettleman rebuild, or is Kyle Allen just HOF bound? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Found this comparison on twitter to be very interesting: 

Kyle Allen (23) 

• 4-0
  • Completion Percentage - 65.6%
  • Y/A - 7.6
  • TD/INT - 7/0

Daniel Jones (22)

• 2-2 
  • Completion Percentage - 60.7%
  • Y/A - 6.6
  • TD/INT - 5/6

Should we pump the breaks on Danny Dimes and the Gettleman rebuild, or is Kyle Allen just HOF bound? 

Kyle Allen has been solid. He did most of his damage against a bad Cardinals secondary. 4 TDs.

Daniel Jones should have the best game of his career this Sunday, though he set the bar pretty high in his debut. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Kyle Allen has been solid. He did most of his damage against a bad Cardinals secondary. 4 TDs.

Daniel Jones should have the best game of his career this Sunday, though he set the bar pretty high in his debut. 

He was great in his debut, against the worst secondary in the NFL, even worse than the Cardinals! 

Interesting way of looking at it, though, I'm not sure that helps your argument.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

He was great in his debut, against the worst secondary in the NFL, even worse than the Cardinals! 

Interesting way of looking at it, though, I'm not sure that helps your argument.  

Not even close

Cardinals : 8.5 YPA, 16 TDs, O INT, 121.8 rating

Bucs : 7.7 YPA, 11 TDs, 5 INT, 93.5 rating

You can’t even be bothered to look up some simple statistics before making a claim? 

After facing the Vikings and Patriots defenses in a 5 day span, with a fullback at running back, the Giants are owed the Cardinals defense. I’ll be disappointed if the Giants don’t smoke them, but it’s the NFL so you never know what will happen. They do get Patrick Peterson back this week.

Edited by Gmen

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

Not even close

Cardinals : 8.5 YPA, 16 TDs, O INT, 121.8 rating

Bucs : 7.7 YPA, 11 TDs, 5 INT, 93.5 rating

You can’t even be bothered to look up some simple statistics before making a claim? 

After facing the Vikings and Patriots defenses in a 5 day span, with a fullback at running back, the Giants are owed the Cardinals defense. I’ll be disappointed if the Giants don’t smoke them, but it’s the NFL so you never know what will happen. They do get Patrick Peterson back this week.

Ahh I stand corrected, sort of. I looked up the most simplistic statistic, passing YPG, admittedly misleading, but I'm trying to be somewhat productive at work. Neither secondary is impressive. 

Back to the original point: Allen > Jones, statistically speaking it's not really close. Unless, of course, we're taking draft status/pre draft evaluation into consideration, in which case your criticism of Darnold becomes very hypocritical. So... is Allen also a surefire stud? (Rhetorical Question) 

Side note - I'm really looking forward to watching Jones vs. Murray, I think both will have big games. 

While I'd take Saquon over all 3 Players listed below you're comparison is all wrong. It's 

Daniel Jones/Saquon 

Or

Sam Darnold/Quinnen Williams

Don't include any other Draft picks in the discussion either since you were basically talking about the first two picks drafted ("technically ") by each club in 18/19. It's not as lopsided "Now" as you both claim.

@Nabbs4u

The best defensive tackle from the 2019 class is on the Giants.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:08 AM, thebestever6 said:

No that's not why Gettleman is a bit of a tool with the media he's got a lot of the wrestling entertainment tool type in him. He plays an awesome villian has nothing to do with unpopular moves lol.

There are old people with wisdom who enlighten people and there's Dave Gettleman smug, abrasive, back in my day type. 

He's a more annoying bill polian except incomplete resume. It's also not just media ex Giant players want to drop kick him.

Is he that good of a villain? To me he comes off more goofy than abrasive.

I do like how people get up in arms about little comments he gives in pressers. He's admitted before that sometimes he says things just to say them.

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Is he that good of a villain? To me he comes off more goofy than abrasive.

I do like how people get up in arms about little comments he gives in pressers. He's admitted before that sometimes he says things just to say them.

He reminds me of one of those Soprano's type people. Like that dry sarcasm humor that today's media, and me driven players can't handle.

Whether he's great at his job is too early to call, but listening to the biased media will never justify him at his job.