Something brewing with Diggs?

Nbanflguy

42 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

He dropped a big third down reception in the GB game too that could have resulted in a significant play. Could have swung the momentum to favor MN.

I think his issues are stemming from the end of last year. I don't think he was entirely on board with the whole run heavy scheme. There were rumblings back in the spring and maybe there was some truth to those too. 

On 10/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, vikingsrule said:

i like the Vikes stance but if they can get a first round pick for him from a team that isn’t the Patriots (since they will be picking 32nd), I’d do it. Not interested in a player for player trade at this point, unless I was getting a stud LT who’s still pretty young.

I didn't really see anyone respond to this. 

IF we were to move Diggs I agree that a 1st or a young stud LT or LG *cough Q. Nelson cough* would be my asking price.

• Like 1

I am not totally opposed to trading Diggs for a stud O Lineman or a 1st round pick plus a mid-round pick.  My question would be, however, who do we play in his place?  Treadwell? Doctson? Johnson?  Yuck.

9 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am not totally opposed to trading Diggs for a stud O Lineman or a 1st round pick plus a mid-round pick.  My question would be, however, who do we play in his place?  Treadwell? Doctson? Johnson?  Yuck.

That's exactly it. We don't have any "proven" options behind Thielen and Diggs. We'd be in 12 personnel the entire game.

3 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Screw it. Trade him to Miami and see how he likes it down there. 

Trade him to Miami in return for what?  They certainly will not be giving up their 1st round pick in 2020.  They really don't have any players currently I'd be terribly interested in.  Not sure that's the best place for the Vikings to trade Diggs and get value in return.

1 minute ago, Virginia Viking said:

Trade him to Miami in return for what?  They certainly will not be giving up their 1st round pick in 2020.  They really don't have any players currently I'd be terribly interested in.  Not sure that's the best place for the Vikings to trade Diggs and get value in return.

Miami has a ton of draft capital right now. More than any other team. I'm sure they could put together something enticing that involves Houston or Pittsburgh's 1st round pick. Plus it would be poetic justice to see him go to one of the few teams that may possibly have a worse QB situation. 

Frankly, if the stuff with Diggs continues, it's likely going to fester and lead to one of those ugly seasons. His value may not be higher than it is now. 

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I have zero issues with diggs being frustrated and angry. Anyone who isn't doesn't care enough about winning. I also have no issues with his sideline antics. 

The team is 2-2 and has enough talent to make a run. It's not like they're 0-4 right now. I don't have a problem with a player being frustrated or angry either, but when you go around looking to be traded, missing practices and meetings, and causing a distraction, how does that contribute to helping the team win? 

Diggs doesn't have a no-trade clause. So the Vikings could trade him to the worst team in the league if they wanted to. That's one reason I don't believe it's solely about winning.