1. 1. who gonna seal the deal?

• noah herron with the bed post
    • jason the HEAD hunter
    • r-kal truluck
    • duct tape havner
    • the 7th rounder we got for jj jansen
    • colt lyerla

The move makes perfect sense.

• Brown didn't do anything meaningful in his snaps, and in just seven snaps against the Eagles I think Keke jumped ahead of him.  There's just no reason to have Brown active on gameday at this point, he's not getting on the field in the pressure packages above the OLB group, and he's not good enough against the run to be ahead of Adams/Keke.  I like him as a player, but he's the kind of guy who ends up being eminently replaceable because he doesn't have any special parts to his game.   
  • People are underselling Carson.  I mean, to an extent.  He's JAG, but I think he could be a rather high end JAG.  He runs hard and always behind his pads, but has quick enough feet to set up blocks and keep defenders hesitating.  Understands the game well, knows what they need from him on a given play.  I don't think he'll do anything special, but I expect him to get probably 5-8 touches and be productive enough with them that people will be pleased he was on the field.  He's exactly what they need with Dexter as the #3.
  • Dexter has some special parts, and the rest is a long damn way away.  Game is still moving way too fast for him, and he simply can't be relied on to be a meaningful part of the offense. Hopefully they can get a couple of decent runs out of him as a change of pace back, and he makes some plays on ST.  Rest of his touches should go to Carson for now.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

It’s not going to come down to Tra Carson, or whoever they line up back there.  A lot of tomorrow’s results will come down to MLF and his play calling and overall coaching.  This is a big game for him.  Hope he’s up for it.

Its probably on the defence to win this game. Rodgers and MLF shouldn't be trying to do too much. The receiving group for this game probably ranks 32nd in the NFL and will certainly be the weakest Aaron has ever played with professionally. Defence needs to be lights out and the offense just needs to try and do enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Its probably on the defence to win this game. Rodgers and MLF shouldn't be trying to do too much. The receiving group for this game probably ranks 32nd in the NFL and will certainly be the weakest Aaron has ever played with professionally. Defence needs to be lights out and the offense just needs to try and do enough.

Top 3 WR groups for teams:

Bengals: Auden Tate, Alex Erickson, Tyler Boyd

Redskins: Paul Richardson, Terry McClaurin, Trey Quinn

Dolphins: Albert Wilson, Devante Parker, Jakeem Grant

Bills: John Brown, Zay Jones, Cole Beasley

Panthers: DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Ray Ray McCloud

I don't even know if: 

MVS/Allison/Sheppard is a bottom 5 unit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Top 3 WR groups for teams:

Bengals: Auden Tate, Alex Erickson, Tyler Boyd

Redskins: Paul Richardson, Terry McClaurin, Trey Quinn

Dolphins: Albert Wilson, Devante Parker, Jakeem Grant

Bills: John Brown, Zay Jones, Cole Beasley

Panthers: DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Ray Ray McCloud

I don't even know if: 

MVS/Allison/Sheppard is a bottom 5 unit.

I take the CAR, BUF units over GB.

Moore and samuels are really solid for young players.  Brw

brown and Beasley have both been productive multiple years in the nfl

Definitely a game where Jimmy Graham is going to get a lot of looks. The problem with that is the inside linebackers of the Cowboys are really, really good! They can cover too. 

If we can stay in this game we'll win it at the end. That is a big IF however!

Great opportunity for guys who don't get much of a chance to step up and get noticed. 

Edited by Golfman

On 10/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, 15412 said:

.  My personal feeling is we must not let their game plan beat us, make their QB beat us.  

The difference is that Dak Prescott isn't Trubisky - he definitely CAN beat you. Especially throwing to Amari Cooper (though their 2nd option is a bit dicey....but they are getting great production out of their TE platoon). 

On 10/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, Cheesehawk said:

My brother(Cowboys fan) and I had this conversation the other day and he actually said Adams. He thinks Rodgers tendency to lock on Adams will be more detrimental to our offense than the loss of Tyron will be to their offense. 

I tend to disagree; I think most top QBs actually play a bit better when you take away their security blanket; instead of forcing/hoping on throws to Adams (which isn't really the worst strategy), they go through their progressions and hit the open man. And I think at the very least MVS and Allison are capable of getting open. 

I hope they activate Dexter because he can be a homerun treat anywhere on the field. Once he gets a crease he can take it 80 yards to the house. He's a bigger homerun threat than even Jones. Yes he frustrated the coaching staff during practice, camp and preseason but he also gave glimpses of what he can do if you give him a decent hole. Dallas has  the perfect surface for him  to break off some big runs and do significant damage in the run game. The guy obviously has talent that's why he's on the roster,  they need forgive and  give the kid a shot.  If this is truly a run 1st offense they should have 3  RB's activated on game day. 

Edited by St Vince

9 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

The move makes perfect sense..   

• People are underselling Carson.  I mean, to an extent.  He's JAG, but I think he could be a rather high end JAG.  He runs hard and always behind his pads, but has quick enough feet to set up blocks and keep defenders hesitating.  Understands the game well, knows what they need from him on a given play.  I don't think he'll do anything special, but I expect him to get probably 5-8 touches and be productive enough with them that people will be pleased he was on the field.  He's exactly what they need with Dexter as the #3.

He's sounding like Brandon Jackson 2.0 - won't make any eye-popping positive plays, but will not have any egregious negative plays.