GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

6 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Nah, I think they're better than Baltimore.  They have a better QB and better defense.  And they're extremely well-coached (not that the Ravens are poorly coached, but the coaching is better in San Fran imo).  And that same good coaching staff has had a bye week to game plan for us.

Not saying we can't win, but I would consider a win on Monday to be more impressive than the win at Baltimore.

Let's agree to disagree

They are weaker at RB,we, and Kyle Shanahan will not be mentioned as a better coach until he wins a super bowl

31 minutes ago, N4L said:

That was with CJ beathard at QB and we had 6 turnovers in one of the games. That was a complete fluke. Then in the second game the cardinals scored 15 points in the fourth quarter after we were winning 15-3. 

I don't think Wilks really did much to stop our offense, we moved the ball fine, especially in the first game, but we handed both games to them on a silver platter. 

We are a much different team this year. 

Yes the 9ers are a much better team but Wilks also has a much better defense to work with as well. I was more so taking about just being experienced in scheming against Shanny. Its not like its a completely different offense he is running this year. Wilks did great against the Rams 2 weeks ago

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yes the 9ers are a much better team but Wilks also has a much better defense to work with as well. I was more so taking about just being experienced in scheming against Shanny. Its not like its a completely different offense he is running this year. Wilks did great against the Rams 2 weeks ago

Yes, but the familiarity goes both ways. Kyle also can see what you guys ran against the Rams and then come up with ways to beat it. McVay runs a variation of Kyle's offense, so I would imagine Wilks will try to do similar things. That's a disadvantage to the browns this week. 

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Let's agree to disagree

They are weaker at RB,we, and Kyle Shanahan will not be mentioned as a better coach until he wins a super bowl

Lets not argue 'Harbaugh vs Shanahan' Lets argue 'Kitchens vs Shanahan'. Does anyone honestly think the browns have the advantage there? 

We DO play the ravens later this year btw. So this argument will be settled soon enough

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yes, but the familiarity goes both ways. Kyle also can see what you guys ran against the Rams and then come up with ways to beat it. McVay runs a variation of Kyle's offense, so I would imagine Wilks will try to do similar things. That's a disadvantage to the browns this week. 

That would make sense if you had the talent the rams do at WR and RB, but you don’t. You have JAGs that are scheme dependent.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

That would make sense if you had the talent the rams do at WR and RB, but you don’t. You have JAGs that are scheme dependent.

GEORGE KITTLE is the best TE in the NFL. Wait until you see this guy block in the run game. He's basically gronk. That's our best pass catcher. 4.5 speed and a tenacious fire/motor 

Point taken on the WRs. I do really like deebo Samuel, our rookie 2nd round pick. Goodwin is a utility player and Pettis is super soft. 

Being scheme dependent is fine when you have an offensive play caller who is undoubtedly top 3 in drawing up plays. Kyle gets guys open

14 minutes ago, N4L said:

GEORGE KITTLE is the best TE in the NFL. Wait until you see this guy block in the run game. He's basically gronk. That's our best pass catcher. 4.5 speed and a tenacious fire/motor 

Point taken on the WRs. I do really like deebo Samuel, our rookie 2nd round pick. Goodwin is a utility player and Pettis is super soft. 

Being scheme dependent is fine when you have an offensive play caller who is undoubtedly top 3 in drawing up plays. Kyle gets guys open

Smell a pick 6 or two coming.

18 minutes ago, N4L said:

Having watched 2 of your games I agree with this.

Kittle is so good. I really like Samuel. Big strong and good hands. He’s gonna be around for a long time.

Whats the deal with your RBs now that Coleman is back? Who gets the goal line carries and who doesn’t dress?

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Having watched 2 of your games I agree with this.

Kittle is so good. I really like Samuel. Big strong and good hands. He’s gonna be around for a long time.

Whats the deal with your RBs now that Coleman is back? Who gets the goal line carries and who doesn’t dress?

Honestly, I don't know what happens at RB.

Mostert is a special teams ace, so he's going to be active every week. The problem is that he has had fumbling problems throughout his career so I don't personally have a ton of trust in him right now. 

Breida is our best runner. The guy has insane speed and is a perfect fit for the offense. He has really good vision and is a tough runner between the tackles, but he is at his best when he gets to the outside. 

Jeff Wilson JR is our most physically imposing runner and is really good downhill. He has been our goal line back and done well in that role. 

I was not a fan of the coleman signing, but if he's healthy he will be active and so by process of elimination Jeff Wilson Jr would be the one not active on Monday.