GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

He pretty much sucked against BAL

Pretty much. I think he did have a nice 3rd down catch early to get our first TD. The blindside block probably shouldn't have been, he didn't appear to lay a hit on the guy mostly just got in the way but the defender seemed okay with falling and not having to try to tackle Chubb on that play. The rest of the team joined in later. He certainly has to clean up penalties though, the illegal procedures and holds. He probably should have caught the OBJ pass but it was close to a punt return type play and contact usually makes those hard to catch and he was contacted and I think one arm was hooked. He can certainly be better but I don't know if he is going to get many opportunities unless someone gets hurt/suspended.

Really digging in on this 49ers team I fully expect our Offense to get wild with the addition of Callaway this week. If our OL holds up, I see multiple deep ball TDs to OBJ and Callaway. 

This should be a fun one.  I doubt Higgins will be back for another 2 weeks or so given how shaky his knee is.

38 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Really digging in on this 49ers team I fully expect our Offense to get wild with the addition of Callaway this week. If our OL holds up, I see multiple deep ball TDs to OBJ and Callaway. 

Obj vs 2019 sherman? Yes please. Callaway or landry vs kwan williams the same.

38 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This should be a fun one.  I doubt Higgins will be back for another 2 weeks or so given how shaky his knee is.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Everything is pointing to Higgins playing. They may let him rest with Callaway back and Landry able to play. I’d be okay with it but I really wanna see him back in this offense. Maybe on a limited snap count.

A good byproduct of browns prime time games is that I get to go to titans games!

Bills @ Titans should be a good matchup. Got friends here that are both titans and bills fans. Gonna mediate the trash talk.

Like to see Ed Oliver play in person too after we all drooled over him.

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just wanted to say that I absolutly hate playing on MNF. I have said it before, but I feel I just needed to say it again. Waiting another 1.5 days to watch your team play blows. Give me SNF or give me 1pm

Even 4 pm is unbearable some times 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just wanted to say that I absolutly hate playing on MNF. I have said it before, but I feel I just needed to say it again. Waiting another 1.5 days to watch your team play blows. Give me SNF or give me 1pm

Not to mention that the announce team on MNF absolutely sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Everything is pointing to Higgins playing. They may let him rest with Callaway back and Landry able to play. I’d be okay with it but I really wanna see him back in this offense. Maybe on a limited snap count.

I heard he was a little gimpy running routes in practice this week. Based on that, I just made the assumption (and I'd love and be thrilled if I were wrong of course) that if he's held out this week he might also miss the quick turn around game against the Seahawks as Monday to Sunday might not be enough time for him to get right with a knee. That would then push him to the Patriots game 2 game weeks (49ers and Seahawks). 

I could definitely see him back on a limited basis but as he's a critical part to the offenses functioning I'd rather them keep him out until he's completely ready to go. 

Would be great to see our offense at full strength on Monday though.

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Now tpu know the suffering of new england fans