GDT - Week 5 - A Monday Nighter in the Afternoon?

brooks1957

If I understand the process, once a player shows concussion type symptoms the are examined by either an independent doctors or one hired by the league. The team loses all say in the player's ability to return to the field at that point. The players can be released to return to the field, but it must be by the doctor. If the player enters the concussion protocol, it is a much more stringent set of tests he must pass before being released to return to the field.

Long and short, although the system has its detractors, the league has set it up so player safety is first.

25 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he was genuinely diagnosed with a concusion he shouldnt be out there.

Well it could have been suspicion of a concussion and he didn't actually have one or maybe it was mild and his brain didn't suffer a contusion or any lasting effects.

Just got thru talking with a ex football player

points Kyle Shanahan was not mentioned as a genius once

2 The defense that gave up nearly 30 points a game last year is still the same.

3 No number1receiver or running back “Then said Goodwin would the 5th receiver on the browns”.

57 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

As much as I want to see my players on the field for all plays, having the ability to talk and care for themselves at 60 years old is more important. You cannot be too careful with player's brains.

**** that.

Go win us a Superbowl.

Talking is for normal people.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

2 The defense that gave up nearly 30 points a game last year is still the same.

With the exception of adding Dee Ford, Nick Bosa and Kwon Alexander and having our starting safeties back (both were on IR last year)? :S That legitimately is a bizarre thing for him to say. 

19 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

3 No number1receiver or running back “Then said Goodwin would the 5th receiver on the browns”.

I commented on this earlier, but yeah, the receivers are pretty much just there. They are all pretty similar and right now, just dudes. Obviously Kittle is the default number one receiver, but the actual receivers have some upside, but are young and not super consistent yet. 

The lack of a number one running back I'm not sure is an important point. Breida has the talent of one, but can't endure the workload. Breida averages 5.5 yards per carry, Mostert almost 6. Last year,  Breida was the league leader in yards per attempt for most of the season before getting hurt and still finishing 4th at 5.3 yards per carry. Mostert's career numbers are very limited in sample sizes, but 5.9 this year, last year 7.7, career number 6.7 on 75 carries. Obviously not sustainable, but he's certainly shown he can get the job done and can be highly efficient when running the football. So I don't think the lack of a Saquon / Zeke / Chubb is really hurting them.