the green bay packers vefrsus the detroit loins 2019 MNF (week 5): the return of the incomparable tony brown PART DEUX

FinneasGage

which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game   

38 members have voted

1. 1. which button man is gonna corral the packer city magic when it mattes most in the game

• rubella martin
    • korean robinson
    • brett swine
    • diondre borrelia
    • jake tonedburger
    • tori gouty
    • jamarko symptoms

4 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Why listen to us?  We are biased Packer fans, knuckle-dragging, mouth breathers, so to speak.

Here's what Kenny Golladay thought after the game:

Asked about pass-interference penalties on Monday, wide receiver Kenny Golladay said the Lions "can't leave it up to" officials to make calls.

"They make bad calls all the time, so we got to go out there and pretty much just make the play," he said.

Kenny Golloday is becoming a great player in the league.  This just cements that in my head.  Great WR.

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

@Striker, let's say for the sake of argument that there is an "Eye in the Sky" ref.  Head official who can overturn any call that is blatantly wrong.  Do either of those calls get overturned?

I'd say there's a decent chance the second one gets overturned but not the first one as that was near the neck and impacted his head as well. It would all depend on the standards of that eye in the sky and whether it can only be looked at in real time vs slow motion, etc.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

Pick a play, this was Flowers' move Monday night. This is why Bakh complained to the refs. Lions fans can whine all day, bht those were called because it was a pattern.

It was pretty much the same a Zadarius Smith's two hands to the face calls against Philly.  Smith had a lot of plays that weren't called as well.

I think the difference is Packer fans know the rules, so we don't ***** when our guy gets called.

• Like 3

I'm ready for this monstrosity of an experiment to end.  Graham is a completely useless piece to this offense if he's not able to catch TD passes that bounce off or go through his hands.  Is that 3 or 4 dropped TD passes (catchable) in the last 3 weeks?

12 hours ago, Striker said:

I'd say there's a decent chance the second one gets overturned but not the first one as that was near the neck and impacted his head as well. It would all depend on the standards of that eye in the sky and whether it can only be looked at in real time vs slow motion, etc.

I theory yes, but seeing how they are dealing with the pass interference reviews I question whether second guessing the on field officials on penalties will ever take off.

20 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I theory yes, but seeing how they are dealing with the pass interference reviews I question whether second guessing the on field officials on penalties will ever take off.

It shouldnt because as soon as replay becomes the "relied upon" official - it will breed nothing but indecision on the part of those officials on the field - and - indecision in a game this fast is a bad mix that will lead (has led?) to substandard officiating.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

It shouldnt because as soon as replay becomes the "relied upon" official - it will breed nothing but indecision on the part of those officials on the field - and - indecision in a game this fast is a bad mix that will lead (has led?) to substandard officiating.

It would also be hard to hire officials.

There is a lot of "judgement" necessary in officiating, and no one wants to work a job where their judgement is routinely publicly not supported by their supervisors.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Brad gluckman said:

Pick a play, this was Flowers' move Monday night. This is why Bakh complained to the refs. Lions fans can whine all day, bht those were called because it was a pattern.

Best get this put up on a billboard in the great state of WI. Someone tweet this to Bogger Mcfartland as well.

You have to work your way up to be an NFL official just as a player does. Probably through many layers and levels of sports.  If your skin isn’t alligator thick and made of Teflon you would not be here. The problem is call on the field carrying so much weight when the replays can put everything into dispute. 

10 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

You have to work your way up to be an NFL official just as a player does. Probably through many layers and levels of sports.  If your skin isn’t alligator thick and made of Teflon you would not be here. The problem is call on the field carrying so much weight when the replays can put everything into dispute. 

You will be surprised how thin that skin gets when you take their authority away.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

I'm ready for this monstrosity of an experiment to end.  Graham is a completely useless piece to this offense if he's not able to catch TD passes that bounce off or go through his hands.  Is that 3 or 4 dropped TD passes (catchable) in the last 3 weeks?

The second play would have been a tough catch.  You'd like to see someone being paid what Graham is make it, but that one's forgive-able.  The first one...not so much.  Nothing impedes him catching that ball.  I think most people are upset if an UDFA doesn't make that catch, let alone a very highly-paid TE.   The third play makes me laugh.  He looks sooooo slow on that one.  I remember it live thinking we had a first down, then five seconds later he gets tackled one yard from the catch.  He really lost his athleticism.  

16 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

The second play would have been a tough catch.  You'd like to see someone being paid what Graham is make it, but that one's forgive-able.  The first one...not so much.  Nothing impedes him catching that ball.  I think most people are upset if an UDFA doesn't make that catch, let alone a very highly-paid TE.   The third play makes me laugh.  He looks sooooo slow on that one.  I remember it live thinking we had a first down, then five seconds later he gets tackled one yard from the catch.  He really lost his athleticism.  

I agree.  Tough catch but you've got to make it when you are paid like a super start to specifically catch those sort of balls.  That's the 2nd or 3rd ball like that that he couldn't track and bring in in the endzone this year.  It was the sort of grab that Jordy Nelson made in his sleep.  I'm tired of watching Graham drop catch-able balls because he's jumping when he doesn't have to.  

That first one was a terrible drop on what was the perfect pass.  No excuse for that sort of half-assed effort.  

He looked like he was running in slow motion on that 3rd down.  Gotta wonder if we'd have had a better shot at getting that first down had it been Lewis with the catch and run.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 1

By all accounts, Graham is not a collect a paycheck guy and he gives a damn, but that open field catch and "run" was pretty bad. You wouldn't think his coordination and hands would be so bad. Maybe he's not used to such contested catches. Either way dude is toast. His dropoff in Seattle was not an aborition. Tonyan's inability to stay on the field leaves few options. Sternberger has been injured from the jump, so he really needs to stay on the field.

Bak definitely alerted the officials about the throat punch. Whether it's been called in the past or not, Flowers has to know that if you grab under the neck, throat punches are inevitable, on purpose, accidental, or phantom with a touch of acting. 

Edited by cannondale