Mariota benched

BayRaider

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

While I don't disagree with that, I do wonder if Tannehill isn't the better fit for the Titans offense just in terms of what he does well compared to what Mariota does well, what the Titans want to do offensively, etc etc. 

They could be very comparable players overall with one of them just being the superior fit for the team. I do think that is at least worth investigating. 

I'm saying that Tannehill isn't a great QB but is better than Mariota, and that Tannehill wasn't the main reason the Dolphins struggled. Just look how bad they are this season, they might not have been that bad before but they're still a god awful team without him and he was probably making them look better before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

While I don't disagree with that, I do wonder if Tannehill isn't the better fit for the Titans offense just in terms of what he does well compared to what Mariota does well, what the Titans want to do offensively, etc etc. 

They could be very comparable players overall with one of them just being the superior fit for the team. I do think that is at least worth investigating. 

Honestly I don’t even know what the hell the Titans want to do on offense. I honestly don’t think they have a plan.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, N4L said:

I think he will end up in Chicago. Could be a fit if nagy just goes full spread rpo. would be funny just because MT and MM have very similar skill sets, except MM is probably better at this point. Would make sense for them to try and bring in someone to push MT. 

I dont think he will go somewhere to be the backup. I think he will want to go somewhere to compete. If nothing else, he is a competitor. Would be good for him to be in the same system for a year or two with a good coach as the backup though. Kind of hit reset a little bit

This is what I'm thinking. He can still throw short and move.

11 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm saying that Tannehill isn't a great QB but is better than Mariota, and that Tannehill wasn't the main reason the Dolphins struggled. Just look how bad they are this season, they might not have been that bad before but they're still a god awful team without him and he was probably making them look better before.

No Tannehill was not making us look better. With Tannehill (between 2012-2016) we averaged around 7 wins. In 2011 before Tannehill we won 6 games with Matt Moore, in 2017 w/o Tannehill we won 6 games with Jay Cutler. We look god awful because we cut or traded a significant amount of starter's and role players. Our 2 best pass rushers gone, our top TD scorer (Stills) gone, our 2 best lineman gone, our starting FS gone, last years leading rusher and leading receiver gone. About 90% of our current roster will be replaced in the next 2 years.

Edited by john305

On 10/14/2019 at 9:56 AM, Daniel said:

Mariota: scores 0 points, puts up a QBR of 10, throws 2 INTs, gets benched

Everyone: WHOO, TANNEHILL TIME!  THIS TEAM IS A PLAYOFF TEAM WITH TANNEHILLS, WHOO, THAT IS MY ****!!!!

Tannehill: scores 0 points, puts up a QBR even lower, and throws an INT.

I mean that's not really fair to Tannehill. He ain't have a week of preparation and came into a game cold of the bench. Let's see how he at least do this week. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Organization so boring they have to start drama on their own. Even their top players are calling them out. lolz

... really? C'mon man, lose with some class. And this is coming from me, a guy who HATES the Titans.

Mariota is Matt Leinart without the National Title or good looks to get a TV gig. He's still the best Ducks QB in history, but that's just as much a reflection on Oregon as it is him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

... really? C'mon man, lose with some class. And this is coming from me, a guy who HATES the Titans.

Mariota is Matt Leinart without the National Title or good looks to get a TV gig. He's still the best Ducks QB in history, but that's just as much a reflection on Oregon as it is him.

Says the Texans fan lol

On 13/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, ET80 said:

It'll be interesting to see where Mariota's career goes from here. I could see him as a very high end backup QB for someone with an entrenched starter.

Problem with Mariota as a "high end backup" is that his skillset and demeanor seems pretty well suited for it...but the last thing you want is an injury prone backup with durability problems.  If your starter goes down...you're praying at least the backup guy can come in and play those games for you reliably.  If you get into that scenario where your backup gets dinged up and you're on a 3rd stringer...you're in deep trouble.

• Like 1