Matt Patricia looks to be FIRST successful HC from Belichick tree

Activated10

Will Patricia be a successful coach for Lions  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Matt Patricia will become the FIRST successful HC from Belichick tree

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/27/2019 at 08:15 AM

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Matt patricia is the FIRST coach to embrace the idea NFL HCs should look weird and wear sweatshirts all of the time since the hoodie became the hoodie. 

but seriously, he has built a NE style defense in the sense they dont run a true scheme. Whatever they run is gameplan specific and they can literally do anything they feel gives them a chance to win that week. Its the first time someone has ACTUALLY been able to replicate what makes NE great. 

Took a while for the players to buy in, but he has them playing really good ball and it feels like they just show up every week and play smart football. 

Good for Detroit, these fans deserve a good team.  

I wish way more DC’s were willing/able to do this tbh. 

• Like 1

Whyyyy, Matt Patricia has even transformed his appearance!! From shaggy Mountain Man to GQ Cover Model, in one year!!!

Image result for Matt Patricia
Image result for Patricia

Reminscent of the sexy before-and-after evolution of Belichick:
Belichick Then:
Image result for Bill Belichick

Belichick NOW:
Image result for Bill Belichick
Edited by bzane
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Past winner and current leader of powerhouse AFC South division Bill O'Brien might have something to say about that.

As would @ET80

I'd say that Patricia has a shot, but results can be skewed, as they are with BOB...

5 hours ago, mse326 said:

Don't confuse team results which coach ability. There is a reason we all want him fired.

Yeah, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything. I thought my elegant phrase "powerhouse AFC South division" and tagging ET80 would give it away but I guess not lol

Edited by childofpudding

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Prime example of the public giving up on someone before they have a chance to bring their vision to light. And this is only year 2. 

Do you share this same logic when applied to young QB's trying to find their way in the NFL?

I don't think Patricia is a bad coach but this is a results oriented business and unless the Lions can make the playoffs in the next 2 years, which will b every tough playing in that division, then I think it's inevitable he will be shown the door.

I will say though it's tough to win games when you're fighting both the other team and the refs. 

The Lions look super competitive with him which I think speaks to how well-coached they are in general. But even leaving aside the horrible reffing I don't know that this game is particularly one I'd crown Patricia over because in general I think he lost that game going way too conservative. Lions had the Packers for the taking but after coming out of the gates hot just seemed content to run Kerryon up the middle on every play and kick FG's. They let Green Bay hang around and ultimately got screwed in the end as a result. I think between this and the Chiefs loss as well you can see how close the Lions are from fully clicking but they and Patricia still need to learn how to finish. 

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Do you share this same logic when applied to young QB's trying to find their way in the NFL?

To an extent yes. Rosen for example is being written off far too soon and he hasn’t been given a fair shot in either place he’s been. Some QBs are given every chance to succeed while others struggle to find that and it hurts them from coming even close to their potential.