Trent Williams anyone???

buno67

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Would be a terrible move. He’s not good. Maybe at RT to replace Hubbard whose worse but even then he’d be a high priced scrub. 

Change of scenery might be good for him. If it works out he doesn’t have that bad of a contract since the Giants have to pay for his guaranteed money. So you would basically be getting him for 9m a year I believe. I would trust him more than Robinson. 

Here's what I saw regarding Nate Solder.

PFF ranks Greg Robinson as the 23rd rated tackle.

PFF ranks Nate Solder as the 32nd rated tackle - and 32 years old.

Tell me again - why would we want to throw draft picks at the Giants? I don't get it. Seems like a bad move to help the team.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/10431/nate-solder

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Am I being trolled?

The lack of a rookie wage scale meant there were no other teams you'd be competing against that have QB's on extremely cheap contracts.  When it was implemented, it introduced a significant advantage to teams that could build their rosters without paying a large percentage of the cap to the most important position on the team.  Which led to a more talented team around the QB. 

Do you get that it's harder to win against teams that can pay cheap contracts to elite talents?  For example, what the Seahawks were paying Russell Wilson during their recent Superbowl years allowed them to stack up talent and pay for expensive vet contracts elsewhere.  That wouldn't have been possible if they weren't paying pennies to Wilson.  

Note being trolled at all....you made a blanket statement to support your concept..." Well, your SB window is during Baker's rookie contract.  Trent should still be playing at a high level throughout that window."......

Does having a good QB on a rookie contract help a team acquire more talent, absolutely...but that is not what was said, nor what was being debated.

I provided you with 8 examples over the past 10 years about a teams a SB window NOT being tied to a good QB on a rookie deal.....Brees hasnt been on a rookie contract since Ladanian Tomlison was in the leauge....and New Orelans is still in their "SB Window". So my point to counter the point you tried to make, was that a Teams SB window is not tied to a Good QB on a Rookie contract. 

Lets not try and Muddy the water with the details of a single contract structure (Brady), being some sort of fact that still proves your point correct. No matter WHAT his deal is....is he on a contract that is on the rookie wage scale? You said " Well, your SB window is during Baker's rookie contract.  Trent should still be playing at a high level throughout that window." to make that statements logic true, then Brees, Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Wentz, Goff ect would ALL still need to be on their rookie contracts for NO, NE, SEA, PHI, LAR...ect to still be in their "SB Window". 

Your statement is the opposite of what the facts say.

I dont know why Greg Robinson is getting all the grief.......has he been what we were hoping.....No.....but the problem on this line is the RT...not the LT, and the OG's passblocking....kush hasnt been terrible in run blocking, but he's getting manhandled in pass pro and Hubbard has been Terrible.....COMPLETELY

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I dont know why Greg Robinson is getting all the grief.......has he been what we were hoping.....No.....but the problem on this line is the RT...not the LT, and the OG's passblocking....kush hasnt been terrible in run blocking, but he's getting manhandled in pass pro and Hubbard has been Terrible.....COMPLETELY

Greg has been an issue cause baker doesn’t trust him what so ever. Greg would have given up more sacks if Baker doesn’t escape to the right and running into Hubbards guy. 

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Yeah I hate Chris Hubbard with a firey passion. Why did we sign him to a fat deal exactly? Because he was an average backup RT for the Steelers?

That's been Dorsey's biggest WTF move. Busting Corbett made me less upset than signing this piece of crap.

46 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I hate Chris Hubbard with a firey passion. Why did we sign him to a fat deal exactly? Because he was an average backup RT for the Steelers?

That's been Dorsey's biggest WTF move. Busting Corbett made me less upset than signing this piece of crap.

I think Haley played are large part in that signing

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I understand where you're coming from but Corbett takes the cake.

Will Hernandez, the consensus #2 Guard in that draft was on the board.

I didn't even think we needed a guard.  I wanted Connor Williams to play Tackle, or Cortland Sutton at WR, or Harold Landry at DE/Pass Rush.

I remember talking to my family saying "ya know, there are so many good players on the board, why do I think they're going to take some garbage player I have never heard of"....

and then they announce the pick...

"like that...."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I understand where you're coming from but Corbett takes the cake.

Will Hernandez, the consensus #2 Guard in that draft was on the board.

I didn't even think we needed a guard.  I wanted Connor Williams to play Tackle, or Cortland Sutton at WR, or Harold Landry at DE/Pass Rush.

I remember talking to my family saying "ya know, there are so many good players on the board, why do I think they're going to take some garbage player I have never heard of"....

and then they announce the pick...

"like that...."

Yeah I never liked Corbett, but I only watched him compete in the Senior Bowl. I was not impressed, but I only ever informally scouted him.

I was pretty upset when we took him. It felt like someone tore up a winning lottery ticket right in front of me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah I never liked Corbett, but I only watched him compete in the Senior Bowl. I was not impressed, but I only ever informally scouted him.

I was pretty upset when we took him. It felt like someone tore up a winning lottery ticket right in front of me.

Agreed.

First pick in the 2nd round is virtually a first rounder.

I was THRILLED Cortland Sutton fell to us, and we needed a reliable possession receiver...

whelp...

• Like 2

Things could get a little wild here...

In reference to the Nate Solder stuff, I Texted my b.i.l.: "Please tell me this is some sort of sick Joke...Nate freakin Solder???"

His words exactly: " All I know is that the agent of B.J. Hill thinks his client could be headed to the Browns soon in a trade that involves Nate Solder, multiple picks and Avery. I've heard the Browns are trying to get Slayton and Hill in the return but Blue isn't going for it with Slayton and that Blue is trying to get Carrie but they're not going for it."

-----

I wouldn't trade Genard Avery or TJ Carrie by themselves straight up for Nate Solder; Solder is washed and a less athletic and a porous OL option than Chris Hubbard or Greg Robinson. Sh*t.. I wouldn't trade Chris Hubbard or Greg Robinson straight up for Nate Solder nor would I trade a 5th round pick straight up for Solder.

If Dorsey goes through with this trade and it involves picks higher than a 6th rounder or a reliable backup/spot starter in Carrie and/or a future star situational rusher (Genard Avery) he has officially lost his mind and can't scout OLineman for sh**.

Why would the Giants be willing to give up a Tackle when they have a rookie QB? Well, it's because that tackle is washed.

I liked B.J. HIll coming out of college and Darius Slayton has shown something this year (I liked him in college as well). So, if we got both of them in return in some trade it would take the sting off of it some but Solder ain't it and I'd rather ride it out with G-Rob and/or internal candidates than trade valuable draft capital for a guy a Tackle that we'll wish didn't make the team next year.

Edited by Mind Character