WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 4:25 Broncos

sonny44

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

and it was 100% on Bitonio. He needed to make initial contact and then his job was done but he failed to get his hands on his "Guy" until he was already in the backfield and then he just shoved him into Landry which didn't help matters at all. It was a well designed play but one player failed to execute and sometimes that is all it takes.

There have been many poorly designed plays, most in the first handful of games but this wasn't one of those.

Bitonio had no chance because when Robinson pulled he basically set a pick for Guy, it was bad play design.

9 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Bitonio had no chance because when Robinson pulled he basically set a pick for Guy, it was bad play design.

It wasn't Robinson but anyway he wasn't picked he just went inside for a split second and Guy went outside and he wasn't able to recover.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I don’t think anybody really wants/expects Freddie to be fired right now but I’m not buying those excuses listed above for our record being 2-5. We didn’t lose to any of those teams because they were simply better than us with the exception of SF, every other lose came due to penalties and poor play calling. The pick against NE was neither Baker or Bits fault, it was just poorly designed play 

Exactly it’s not THAT we’re losing it’s HOW we are losing. 

we literally are leading the NFL in penalties. 

that in itself is a BIG SIGN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT WORST THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. 

We are more undisciplined than the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals. 

Baker is having a worse season statistically then Andy Dalton who just got benched by the winless Bengals is having. 

Our Star QB was cracked by Tony Grossi 

it’s not like I’m pulling this outta my *** these are legit issues that aren’t getting better. 

The only good wins was the Jets against a 3rd string QB and a Ravens team they had a lot of their top players out. Besides that we have looked terrible. 

but again we are going to win this week and Pretty much The rest of the season. 

we are truly missing Rhythm. Once we get some rhythm and balance down we are going to tap into our potential 

but to this point If Freddie was a player he would’ve been benched by now 

6 minutes ago, brownie man said:

a Ravens team they had a lot of their top players out.

Who did they have out, Smith and? We had both of our starting corners and Higgins out. That doesn't include our IR guys which includes our starting T.E. We didn't have an advantage because of injuries we earned that win.

We were down like 6 starters to their 1, I can't give them the injury excuse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If we lose this game, Dorsey will give Freddie the rest of the season and then he’s gone.

Eh, still too early to say that. If he runs the table after that he’s not going anywhere.

Bottom line is there’s still a lot of football to be played.  If we don’t get it together, he’s likely done.  If he does, we’ll win some games and be ok.

Still to soon to tell, despite being nearly halfway through the season, just due to how the schedule played out.

• Like 1

Barring critical injuries, Brandon Allen beating us isn't even a remote possibility. 

(Cakewalk) There is zero excuse to lose to teams led by the following QBs the rest of the season:

1.) Brandon Allen

2.) Ryan Findley x2,

3.) Mason Rudolph x2

4.) Josh Rosen probably again by that time

That's 6 guaranteed right there. I don't care how much we hurt ourselves, as long as we don't have major injuries we are too talented to lose those games when the competition is lacking that much.

------

5.) Josh Allen -- idgaf about how tough the Buffalo's defense and coach is (I wish we had McDermot), 15 points beats that team b/c of how atrocious Allen often plays.

6.) Kyler Murray -- fought tough against the 49ers but we should smack that team and rookie QB up

-----------

We're winning at least 8 straight.

You all who worship Freddie and Baker shall bow at their feet once more in due time. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Barring critical injuries, Brandon Allen beating us isn't even a remote possibility. 

(Cakewalk) There is zero excuse to lose to teams led by the following QBs the rest of the season:

1.) Brandon Allen

2.) Ryan Findley x2,

3.) Mason Rudolph x2

4.) Josh Rosen probably again by that time

That's 6 guaranteed right there. I don't care how much we hurt ourselves, as long as we don't have major injuries we are too talented to lose those games when the competition is lacking that much.

------

5.) Josh Allen -- idgaf about how tough the Buffalo's defense and coach is (I wish we had McDermot), 15 points beats that team b/c of how atrocious Allen often plays.

6.) Kyler Murray -- fought tough against the 49ers but we should smack that team and rookie QB up

-----------

We're winning at least 8 straight.

You all who worship Freddie and Baker shall bow at their feet once more in due time. 

Eh, the Steelers aren't that bad. Lost by 2 to the Seahawks, 4 to the 9ers, 3 to the Ravens and won the rest of their games besides the blowout loss to the Patriots to open the year.

If it was all about QB talent then I'd agree. If I had to guess right now I'd say we finish 8-8 with the possibility of being a couple games better or worse depending on if we clean up mistakes or start making more. The ESPN matchup predictor has 60% chance of a Bronco win. We are 4 point favorites but there are a lot of people who consider us bad and bad teams don't win 8 straight no matter the schedule so we'll see.

If we finish 6-3 and lose to the Steelers once, the Ravens and Bills do we still want to go with a new coach next year or try to build from a strong finish?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It wasn't Robinson but anyway he wasn't picked he just went inside for a split second and Guy went outside and he wasn't able to recover.

Bitonio's fault. 100%. Also a really good play by Guy. We shouldn't have run this play against a 5-tech. High probability he slants right into the play, as he did here.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Bitonio's fault. 100%. Also a really good play by Guy. We shouldn't have run this play against a 5-tech. High probability he slants right into the play, as he did here.

him slanting doesn’t matter if Bitonio knows what he is doing. He should be sealing back side to replace the tackle and seal off trailers. Slanting should have made his job easier. Blocking was halfass. The play would have been blown up if Bit makes that block either way  

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, the Steelers aren't that bad. Lost by 2 to the Seahawks, 4 to the 9ers, 3 to the Ravens and won the rest of their games besides the blowout loss to the Patriots to open the year.

If it was all about QB talent then I'd agree. If I had to guess right now I'd say we finish 8-8 with the possibility of being a couple games better or worse depending on if we clean up mistakes or start making more. The ESPN matchup predictor has 60% chance of a Bronco win. We are 4 point favorites but there are a lot of people who consider us bad and bad teams don't win 8 straight no matter the schedule so we'll see.

If we finish 6-3 and lose to the Steelers once, the Ravens and Bills do we still want to go with a new coach next year or try to build from a strong finish?

I was factoring in the opponent's team composition along with it being led by a rookie QB for Broncos/Brandon Allen, Bengals/Finley, and Dolphins/Rosen.

You're right about the Steelers not being all that bad though.  They have defensive playmakers but their offensive playmakers are up and down and Rudolph can't make enough plays to out-pace an opposing team with any serious impact players especially with James Conner injured.

If we finish 6-3, there's no way we fire Freddie and I don't the masses would want to make that move either. I personally would want a new, elite QB coach with OC prowess or experience and for Freddie to give up play-calling a little more in lieu of firing Freddie.

Although I just don't see Freddie becoming the really good to elite program leader to lead us where our talent may allow us to go.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

What’s worse is this is who our Lord and Savior Sashi wanted to hire before Truck Stop Jim pushed Hue on him iirc.

Just double team Courtland Sutton and focus on stopping their run game. Broncos cannot pass block at all. I think they’re the 3rd worst pass blocking unit in the NFL. One positive is that we are top 5 in pass rushing.

Run the ball and make sure Baker doesn’t do something stupid. I’d be lying if I didn’t say Baker playing awful again is a fear of mine in this game and every game going forward.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1