WEEK 9 · Sun 11/03 · 4:25 Broncos

sonny44

On 10/30/2019 at 8:31 AM, SmittyBacall said:

I'm not sure if you watched the Broncos@Colts game last week, but the Broncos completed negated a very good Colts rushing attack. They really couldn't get anything going on the ground. We'll see how that translates to this week. But running the ball might be easier said than done. 

3 things. They benched DT Adam Gotsis who is known for his pass rushing for DT Mike Purcell who looks Domata Peko and is a run stuffing DT. They slid DT Shelby Harris outside to DE.

So they have Wolfe/Harris who are both DTs playing DE now and Purcell/Dremont Jones playing the interior.

Lastly, they replaced Josey Jewell at MLB with Alexander Johnson who has been playing like a man possessed.

They basically shifted everything from a speed pass rushing/coverage unit to becoming a bigger run stuffing thumper unit and since they made that change-- their defense has been playing lights out because they have the back end coverage with CHJ/Simmons/Jackson

I don't expect the Browns offense to get fixed this week. I would actually be surprised if they were able to score more than 17. This game will come down to if they can force turnovers with Brandon Allen and stack the box to eliminate Lindsay/Freeman. The Browns defense needs to out-dominate the Broncos defense

Edited by AkronsWitness

I'm calling my optimistic shot

I honestly feel we're going to get our **** together and go 8-0 the rest of the stretch. Maybe 7-1, but I think after this past week we're really going to get our **** together and start really producing.

We are going to play some crap teams, but it's going to help give us confidence and I think most importantly some Rhythm as an offense. Kareem Hunt is going to be a big weapon for us. I think we're going to use him effectively.

But if Freddie loses this week 

He's gone if he loses to this rookie QB Freddie's done. Now I absolutely 100% think we win this game without a doubt, 

but if we do end up losing 

John Dorsey is going to have to let this guy go

But like I'm saying I do think we are going to win

I feel anyone talking about Firing this Coach 7 games into his Rookie HC season, when hes gone 2-5 in his first 7 games (5 vs Playoff teams INCLUDING both Super Bowl Participants ON the ROAD) and for the entire season, he has not had his entire Starting Receiving Corps healthy for ANY of those games and his starting 2ndary intact for 1 single game in the first 7.....is just

giphy.gif

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I feel anyone talking about Firing this Coach 7 games into his Rookie HC season, when hes gone 2-5 in his first 7 games (5 vs Playoff teams INCLUDING both Super Bowl Participants ON the ROAD) and for the entire season, he has not had his entire Starting Receiving Corps healthy for ANY of those games and his starting 2ndary intact for 1 single game in the first 7.....is just

giphy.gif

It’s Cleveland man.

The only place where fans think having 4 coaches in 2 years is the obvious fix for our issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I'm calling my optimistic shot

I honestly feel we're going to get our **** together and go 8-0 the rest of the stretch. Maybe 7-1, but I think after this past week we're really going to get our **** together and start really producing.

We are going to play some crap teams, but it's going to help give us confidence and I think most importantly some Rhythm as an offense. Kareem Hunt is going to be a big weapon for us. I think we're going to use him effectively.

But if Freddie loses this week 

He's gone if he loses to this rookie QB Freddie's done. Now I absolutely 100% think we win this game without a doubt, 

but if we do end up losing 

John Dorsey is going to have to let this guy go

But like I'm saying I do think we are going to win

I think we lose this game, the Broncos are tough especially at home. Now if Freddie can somehow pull out a win I think it shows he has progressed as a coach and we should stop talking about replacing him after every game, but I do think we lose.

Okay, my bases are covered too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

giphy.gif

I don’t think anybody really wants/expects Freddie to be fired right now but I’m not buying those excuses listed above for our record being 2-5. We didn’t lose to any of those teams because they were simply better than us with the exception of SF, every other lose came due to penalties and poor play calling. The pick against NE was neither Baker or Bits fault, it was just poorly designed play 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The pick against NE was neither Baker or Bits fault, it was just poorly designed play 

It was a jet sweep, the exact same play the exact same dudes ran for 50 something yards on last season.

It’s not a unique play.

and it was 100% on Bitonio. He needed to make initial contact and then his job was done but he failed to get his hands on his "Guy" until he was already in the backfield and then he just shoved him into Landry which didn't help matters at all. It was a well designed play but one player failed to execute and sometimes that is all it takes.

There have been many poorly designed plays, most in the first handful of games but this wasn't one of those.

• Like 1

Looked like Bitonio was just doing what he was taught. If he gives up the inside Guy potentially blows it up. He happened to go outside and had enough time to get there. Not sure if that is how the play is always ran but a hand off would've sufficed. But hey it doesn't really matter. Baker still could've protected the ball. BItonio could've done something else. Guy could've gone inside. 

Hopefully it's a lesson learned to not put yourself in a position of risk that you don't have to. Be on your stuff or you'll continue to help the other team..