DEN QB Joe Flacco placed on IR (herniated disc in neck)

Broncofan

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Season, and maybe career, is over:

I doubt his career is over he still can come back from this injury and one team if its not the Broncos will sign him as a back up or bridge qb to a rookie qb. I think him being placed on IR is the right move as the Broncos season is pretty much over. They would have to win out in order to land a playoff spot and I just dont see that happening. See what your younger guys can do and prepare for free agency.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:02 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Honestly elite manuevering from Joe on this one. Get traded to a dead end team, lose a bunch of games, get fed up, pick up a minor injury, stare down the prospect of grueling rehab to come back in a month and a half to like a 3-10 team, so you put the head coach on blast and poison the well so badly that they'd rather just stick you on IR so that you can get paid and just chill for the rest of the season. 

Joe Flacco isn't an elite quarterback but by god does this man win at life. My man would sleepwalk through entire regular seasons with the Ravens before deciding to try and putting in a solid month of work every year during the playoffs, parlayed him playing well for a month every season into a Super Bowl ring/MVP and a $130 million contract, checks out again for 5 years, shows up in Denver and gets himself cut loose for vacation 2 months early. What a king. 

Underrated post...

On 11/2/2019 at 12:36 AM, childofpudding said:

His wife is probably ordering HGH as we speak.

I don't see Flacco as the kind of person who would scrap tooth and nail to keep his career going. He's got a ring, got all the money he could need and his legacy isn't going to change with a couple more years at any level.

On 11/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, soflbillsfan said:

I doubt his career is over he still can come back from this injury and one team if its not the Broncos will sign him as a back up or bridge qb to a rookie qb. I think him being placed on IR is the right move as the Broncos season is pretty much over. They would have to win out in order to land a playoff spot and I just dont see that happening. See what your younger guys can do and prepare for free agency.

Well, to make this worse is that this would be a perfect time to start Lock but naturally, hes had a injured thumb since the 3rd preseason game. So now we get 3 weeks of Brandon Allen and Lock will take over for the final 4-5 games once hes healthy and had time to practice.

54 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don't see Flacco as the kind of person who would scrap tooth and nail to keep his career going. He's got a ring, got all the money he could need and his legacy isn't going to change with a couple more years at any level.

Oh yeah, I'm with you, it was just a lame neck injury + Broncos joke

I'm not even sure Flacco cares that much about his legacy

On 10/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Honestly elite manuevering from Joe on this one. Get traded to a dead end team, lose a bunch of games, get fed up, pick up a minor injury, stare down the prospect of grueling rehab to come back in a month and a half to like a 3-10 team, so you put the head coach on blast and poison the well so badly that they'd rather just stick you on IR so that you can get paid and just chill for the rest of the season. 

Joe Flacco isn't an elite quarterback but by god does this man win at life. My man would sleepwalk through entire regular seasons with the Ravens before deciding to try and putting in a solid month of work every year during the playoffs, parlayed him playing well for a month every season into a Super Bowl ring/MVP and a $130 million contract, checks out again for 5 years, shows up in Denver and gets himself cut loose for vacation 2 months early. What a king. 

😂 I didn’t not see this until the repost. I absolutely love this post.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

E-L-I-T-E

giphy.gif