Unpopular culinary opinions

y*so*blu

2 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

Blink twice if someone’s forcing you to do this.

These are not the words of someone who is writing without being under duress.

Bro you ever just cook the ish outta steak & dump it in some high quality buttermilk ranch?

Honestly if you can cut it into strips like jerkey its great.

This is the third year in a row I've made London Broil for Christmas dinner (twice on a Big Green Egg and this year I broiled it in the oven) and I make it at various times throughout the year as well- usually sliders for a potluck.  I love marinades and the process of that, and I would honestly say I prefer my London Broil with the marinade and rub on the BGE as opposed to a filet mignon.  Nothing against the filet, because it's hard to beat it, but there isn't much you can do with it.  Every bite of this today was packed with flavor, much more than a salt and pepper steak.  I prefer the London Broil to a filet personally. 

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I made homemade chicken and waffles for breakfast this morning with homemade sausage gravy. I obviously topped it with maple syrup. It turned out perfect.

There is a restaurant near the harbor in Annapolis that does all-day breakfast, and they do this except they have the syrup-infused waffles.  And they don't skimp on the syrup.  Some of the wait staff will ask if people want syrup on the side, and it's not uncommon to see.  I usually get this, and one of their house poptarts for the table.  

• 2 weeks later...

My brother will heat up a frozen thin-crust pizza and dip it in ranch dressing. Never understood it. I like ranch with chicken or salads but that's about all. I prefer my pizza with hot sauce, and I'm particular about toppings. Usually I'll buy a cheese pizza and just add the toppings at home before baking.

I'm not a big fan of deep-dish pizza because then you're filling up more on crust and carbs rather than the cheese and toppings. And sauce. When I order out for pizza I always get extra sauce. Pepperoni, bacon, and black olives are my preferred toppings.

4 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm not a big fan of deep-dish pizza because then you're filling up more on crust and carbs rather than the cheese and toppings. And sauce. When I order out for pizza I always get extra sauce. Pepperoni, bacon, and black olives are my preferred toppings.

This is where the major dilemma is at w/ my work people. They think the crust is super important and probably the most important. I think it's the least. Give me a good flavored sauce and toppings. That's where the rubber meets the road! I actually had a "no-dough" pizza from a fast-casual place here like Chipotle where there is no crust. They take the sauce and put it in the bottom of a tin w/ a bunch of Parmesan and spinach as a base. That's basically your "crust" then they just top it. I ate it all, enjoyed it, didn't feel like poo, and was good the rest of the day. If I had a crust on it, I would've been hurting for hours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is where the major dilemma is at w/ my work people. They think the crust is super important and probably the most important. I think it's the least. Give me a good flavored sauce and toppings. That's where the rubber meets the road! I actually had a "no-dough" pizza from a fast-casual place here like Chipotle where there is no crust. They take the sauce and put it in the bottom of a tin w/ a bunch of Parmesan and spinach as a base. That's basically your "crust" then they just top it. I ate it all, enjoyed it, didn't feel like poo, and was good the rest of the day. If I had a crust on it, I would've been hurting for hours.

Would it be just from eating too much, or a gluten intolerance? My mother is like that.

I agree about the crust. As long as it tastes good and isn't soggy, I don't need it to be really thick. It's actually better if it's kind of crispy at the bottom. As for the flavor of the sauce, I like it to be tangy with lots of flavor. I have a weakness for Papa John's.