Your 2019 MVP: Russell Wilson

BayRaider

Added to this conversation (which has become more about MVP candidates and not JUST Wilson), Lamar Jackson joins Ben Roethlisburger as the only other QB to have two perfect passer ratings in a season.

He ties Tom Brady with two career passer ratings in his career. Only Peyton Manning (4), Big Ben (4), and Kurt Warner (3) have more in their careers.

This is in addition to his 702 rushing yards that is just 338 yards rushing shy of beating Vick’s record. He has 7 games left to do it and is currently on pace to surpass it in 5 more games time.

Edited by diamondbull424

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Tonight. Prescott puts himself in the top three with a outstanding performance against Minnie's supposed good defense

Minnesota was selling out completely to stop Zeke and forgot to cover any WR's tonight. I was more impressed with those guys than I was Dak but I know that's probably an unpopular opinion - he was throwing to wide open dudes all night long BUT he evaded a couple of great sack attempts, his TD throw to Cobb was perfect, and the way he diagnosed and beat Minnesota's blitzes was great.

He's thrust himself into the top 5 that's for sure, especially now that pending Wilson's game tomorrow Lamar could be #1 and Wilson #2. McCaffrey slips way down after today.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Minnesota was selling out completely to stop Zeke and forgot to cover any WR's tonight. I was more impressed with those guys than I was Dak but I know that's probably an unpopular opinion - he was throwing to wide open dudes all night long BUT he evaded a couple of great sack attempts, his TD throw to Cobb was perfect, and the way he diagnosed and beat Minnesota's blitzes was great.

He's thrust himself into the top 5 that's for sure, especially now that pending Wilson's game tomorrow Lamar could be #1 and Wilson #2. McCaffrey slips way down after today.

appreciate the positive response. But after the way Dallas lost again. I am far more focused on getting rid of JG than any MVP for Dak right now. Not that he has a chance anymore outside of a miracle.

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Tonight. Prescott puts himself in the top three with a outstanding performance against Minnie's supposed good defense

So record doesnt matter? He got 8 interception. That vikings defense gas been giving up yards to WR the last few week. Hell, Matt Moore beat them.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Honestly think Lamar is more valuable than Mahomes and Wilson 

he isn’t necessarily better but his playing style lets BAL win TOP nearly every game and move the ball more and score more points per possession than any offense in the league this year.

FIFY

• Like 3

5 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

So record doesnt matter? He got 8 interception. That vikings defense gas been giving up yards to WR the last few week. Hell, Matt Moore beat them.

of course it does. and I wrote this before the game when I was sure Dallas would win. they didn't so now it aint looking so good. Still some season left.

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Honestly think Lamar is more valuable than Mahomes and Wilson 

he isn’t necessarily better but his playing style lets BAL win TOP nearly every game 

Without Wilson, Seahawks would have had some 3-6 or 4-5 record at best..I am not even exaggerating when I say this...just look back at every Seahawks game score/highlights and you will realize this. 

• Like 1

I feel bad for Wilson, writing is on the wall for him to have another fantastic season, his best yet, yield no individual recognition. Lamar is the relatively new, exciting, human highlight reel a la Mahomes last year or Wentz the year before, and media loves putting their hype into full gear. Doesn't help that Lamar is having a season we've never truly seen before w/ the rushing totals.... Don't get me wrong, Lamar IS having an MVP caliber year, but so far, it's still so clearly Wilson in my eyes. He has been so damn good, week in and week out.