Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

I have to take my real #2 with my next pick.  Watched him in something recently and thought while watching what I watched him in, "This man has to be in a The Thing movie." 

I have a big board of 7 damn good actors and emergency backup #3 for Tom Hardy.  I'll be pretty excited if I get 4/8 on that list. 

7 hours ago, Dome said:

@rackcs thanks for hosting this thing. I was telling malf yesterday that this is the most fun I've had on the forums in a while.. We have over 20 pages of PM discussions on our movie already, and we really have only decided on our top 2 actors that we want.

well done man, you timed this perfectly for me lol.... i'm eating it up.

once we make our next two picks we'll reveal what Dometron studios has been working on....

we also talked about how having two people in charge makes for a much more engaging experience.... i think we've both had ideas that the other loved and our movie is better because of it... malf has also talked me out of ideas that probably weren't that good, it's nice to have another. 

ya'll should've got a co-producer. we're having way more fun than you.

i think i might host a (very restricted) version of this game, but you have to have two creative minds on each film. it makes the process much more fun. 

Dome your flattery means everything to me

7 hours ago, Dome said:

Skipping mission was the right call.... we've had 11 picks since then, and no mission sighting yet...

I say we should let @Uncle Buck make back to back picks and jump on in, or drop that slot. 

@rackcs

@Uncle Buck You want to replace mission?

7 hours ago, Dome said:

@everyone

if rackcs doesn't have a pick before your next pick, SEND HIM A BIG BOARD.

there's literally zero reason not to.... and even if he does pick before you, you could still send one in if you don't think your picks will overlap. 

Yes, please send it to me. Today I was pretty busy but the majority of the time I'm around. Especially if you pick before me. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Orca takes forever to make the worst pick in this draft.

I can't help but still love Will Smith. He was my favorite actor for much of my adolescence and I will see anything with him in it and still love him despite how ****ty the movies are.

2 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

I just can’t recall a movie he’s done lately that isn’t more than meh.

EDIT: JCVD? Oh boy.

I'm of the firm opinion that he just can't pick good projects but he's still a good actor

As for JCVD, Mwil's movie relies heavily on action stars who can do extreme splits so he was the obvious choice.

Dannnnng, Hugo Weaving would have been great in The Thing.  Didn't have him on my list, but I probably would have thought of him if some of mine started getting taken. 

I am listening to The Thing score right now.  I desperately want to watch The Thing again right now, but I have to wait until my basement is finished. 

5 hours tearing out crappy ceiling tile.
2 hours tearing up crappy floor tile that's more like floor plastic.
400 dollars for drywall, drywall supplies and paint.
600 dollars for new floors.
2,700 for an 85 inch TV
1,100 dollars for the best soundbar and sub according to the bald guy at Best Buy.
1,000 dollars worth of The Thing memorabilia I've collected over the years.
300 on other movie memorabilia I've collected over the years. 

The ability to be able to break all that in with another screening of the best movie ever made... Priceless. 

The events of Hangmen begin to unfold in a Lancashire pub owned by legendary executioner Harry Allen (played by Brendan Gleeson). It's around noon on the 8th of November 1965, and just a few hours ago the British Parliament signed The Murder Act of 1965 which removed execution as an acceptable punishment for murder in the UK. For the first time in 10 years, Harry wasn't the Chief Executioner of England.

Four of Harry's regular patrons show up to wish him the best in his "retirement" and rile him up about what his future holds. A reporter joins the celebration later to interview Harry about his legendary career and his rivalry with Albert Pierrepoint, another famous executioner. Harry can't help but use this opportunity to bash Pierrepoint's inflated kill count and tell boastful tales of his own most notable executions, much to the embarrassment of his wife Alice. 

The revelry and stories carry on late into the night until a Stranger shows up (played by James McAvoy) and kicks off a chain of events that none of them could have prepared for.

Edited by Dome

I forgot to tag the next dude up. Sorry. Was at my parents’ place getting opinions on stains.

Got my ideal lead: great actor for neurotic roles, bankable lead, and he’s done Philip K. Dicc material before. My only issue is he’s a little old, but he’s been playing guys 20 years younger than himself for a while now.

Happy he wasn’t snatched up before.

@rackcs @MWil23 @The Orca @Pickle Rick @Outpost31 @Dome @Malfatron @FinneasGage @Elky @MikeT14 @daboyle250 @Deadpulse @Fresh Prince@Adrenaline_Flux @bcb1213 @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @JoshstraDaymus @mission27

Guys, if you come on and see that you're gonna be up in the next 3-4 picks and you know you're about to go offline for a while, please ask in this thread if anyone is available to take your board so that we can keep this moving.

Just now, rackcs said:

@rackcs @MWil23 @The Orca @Pickle Rick @Outpost31 @Dome @Malfatron @FinneasGage @Elky @MikeT14 @daboyle250 @Deadpulse @Fresh Prince@Adrenaline_Flux @bcb1213 @AlexGreen#20 @Daniel @JoshstraDaymus @mission27

Guys, if you come on and see that you're gonna be up in the next 3-4 picks and you know you're about to go offline for a while, please ask in this thread if anyone is available to take your board so that we can keep this moving.

Nobody... Nobody trusts anybody. 

Jared Harris will be playing a doctor of some kind.  Don't think he'll be the site's medical doctor.  He'll be the biologist of the camp.  When watching The Terror, it killed me seeing him in that setting because of how perfect he would be in The Thing. 

Just now, rackcs said:

Jared Harris is incredible in every way

I just don't understand how he's not talked about like Leo or other actors today.  Of all the "best actors," Leo is the only one who's actually good.  Clooney?  Damon?  Smith?  And everybody still acts like Pacino and De Niro are still good actors. 

Jared Harris and Gary Oldman in the same movie?  Well technically they were in the same movie once, but it was only Lost in Space.  When I rewatched Lost in Space a couple years ago and saw Oldman and Harris in the same scene I nearly **** myself.