Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

33 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Not only that, but the fact that Hilliard had zero vision on that play, the red sea actually parted and he was none the wiser

I don't get why people try to discount what he did,his methods may have been harsh but he held guys accountable and didn't take any crap from any of those millennial kids. I'll remain in the minority, but sometimes in order to grow, you need to be told some uncomfortable truths about yourself and your efforts.

I don’t discount it, but I think his message wears on people.

Interim coach? Great.

Long term answer? Not my cup of tea.

Mostly I think he’s a grade A bullsh*tter with frosted tips who likes to tough talk people.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t discount it, but I think his message wears on people.

Interim coach? Great.

Long term answer? Not my cup of tea.

Mostly I think he’s a grade A bullsh*tter with frosted tips who likes to tough talk people.

The message wears when you lose, DO YOUR JOB and it will be all fun. The Patriots do it, the Steelers do it, I'm just not for pacifying these guys, plus nothing wrong with tough talk if you have a unified locker room who can back it up. Just my take

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MarkPrice25 said:

Playing devil's advocate here:

HC Josh McDaniels (loves Baker but 6 rings will command his respect)

OC/QBC Mike McCoy (was his OC in DEN and Wilks' OC in ARI)

DC Steve Wilks (continuity on defense)

STC Mike Priefer (was his STC in DEN)

Absolutely no thanks to McCoy.

McDaniels wouldn't be my first choice but you could probably do worse. You'd just have to hope that he's learned a lot from his past mistakes in Denver, which we have no idea if he has or not. But he does an excellent job at game planning and exploiting defense's weaknesses.

34 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Absolutely no thanks to McCoy.

McDaniels wouldn't be my first choice but you could probably do worse. You'd just have to hope that he's learned a lot from his past mistakes in Denver, which we have no idea if he has or not. But he does an excellent job at game planning and exploiting defense's weaknesses.

What happened to him in the last few years? I remember him being highly thought of for a while.

I wouldn't be upset with McDaniels. Not overly happy with it but I don't think he'd be as bad as some think. Definitely not my first choice though. Interesting that 2/3 of our coordinators have some connection to him though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Josh McDaniels has absolutely zero people skills and brings a "my way or the highway" approach. McDaniels and personalities in the Cleveland locker room would be a train wreck for the ages.

It’s like all of BB’s disciples have this MO and it almost universally fails.

BB can do it because of his success and the fact the 🐐 buys in.

Nobody else has that ability.

• Like 2

Weighing in on this topic, it is about year to early if you ask me.

I dont understand the get it done overnight mindset of some folks.

I will not even think about a new coach unless its the end of next season and folks are still lining up wrong, and getting 15 yard facemask penalties (these have already stopped...that flag on S.Richardson on 3rd down last week was another Ref'ism....)

Freddie is getting all the blame, even for things that are not his fault. And NONE of the credit for stuff being fixed and improving. Was it Freddie Kitchens who ran shallow on his underneath coverage and then miss 3 individual tackling attempts? That is on Wilks and Al Holcomb (ESPECIALLY LOOKING AT YOU AL....)

I like our current coaching staff, I like the way its improving, growing together, hasnt started infighting or finger pointing, managing the Explosive personalities we have in the locker room  and the players are still busting their hind parts to get wins. These are things I need to see.....Offense has been improving IMO every week since the SF debacle, Speed of Plays getting in the huddle, cleaning up of the penalties has improved,  Special Teams has improved every week since week 1.....but the D seems to be playing better fundamentally, but still too many penalties and MISSED TACKLES.....These are all steps in the right direction for me. I am perfectly happy with the maturation of the coaching staff, I did not expect them to be a SB winning cohesive unit in 4 games......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NateDawg said:

With Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb in the backfield and with how well Buffalo has defended the pass the season, we had better revolve our offense around the running backs this week. Heck, the best quarterbacks in the game like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers still rely heavily on the running backs whether it’s running the ball or out of the backfield. Let’s do ourselves a favor and get the ball to our best players. I guess that would include Odell Beckham.

Freddie Kitchens week 10 game plan: 13 gadget plays to Odell, 9 beginning behind the line of scrimmage, 4 streaks with Jarvis and Odell side by side.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just playing devil’s advocate here, but what’s the worst thing that could happen if you walk in front of a bus?

@freakygeniuskid @zelbell

The forum bully us at it again. It is all of our responsibilities to call out and bring awareness to hate.

Edited by NudeTayne
R.I.P. @markprice25
  • Like 3