Possible Coaching Candidates Now That Freddie Is Fired

cortes02

40 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Imagine where we would be if we hired arians.

At least 4-4. At least their offense is clicking. Mike Evans and Godwin will probably go to the pro bowl. 

We’ll be lucky if Nick Chubb and Myles are our pro bowlers this year oh yeah and the punter

• Like 1

What about Jim Caldwell? I think he would check a lot of boxes. Respected experienced leader who turned Detroit around. Good offensive mind wouldn’t demand to call his own plays. I think that should be mandatory for our next hire unless they’re some elite coach who can handle it. We can’t have a coach calling plays anymore. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Caldwell just seems puzzled the whole time.

He made some bad game management decisions but almost every coach does. I don’t think he’d be a home run hire but I think he’d make us competitive. The lions issue when he was there was defense and a run game. If we got the right DC here and some LBs who could actually tackle I think things would improve with him. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He made some bad game management decisions but almost every coach does. I don’t think he’d be a home run hire but I think he’d make us competitive. The lions issue when he was there was defense and a run game. If we got the right DC here and some LBs who could actually tackle I think things would improve with him. 

We coild probably install @MWil23and get some inprovements. Thatvisnt saying much though. 

Edited by Kiwibrown
And right now i would if i could

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

What about Jim Caldwell? I think he would check a lot of boxes. Respected experienced leader who turned Detroit around. Good offensive mind wouldn’t demand to call his own plays. I think that should be mandatory for our next hire unless they’re some elite coach who can handle it. We can’t have a coach calling plays anymore. 

Jim Caldwell doesn't get near enough credit. Really good coach, imo

Please no to Urban Meyer. Shock alert he wasn’t a great coach at thee Ohio State university. Great recruiter, mediocre coach. 
You guys know I was high on Matt Campbell. Watch their qb, he’s not good but he’s producing. Btw watch their TE, he’s really nice. He always gets the most out of his players, wherever he’s been. 
Do I want him?  Don’t know because I’m scared. I’m tired of changeover. But I don’t want continuity for continuity’s sake. 
And I like stephansky and some others. 
Too early, give Kitchens the whole year at least. I wasn’t a big fan of his you guys know. But we need to give him the year. Firing him now is just idiotic, and shows your stupidly impulsive psychiatry. I ever so slightly see some improvement. Baker is doing what he can. His accuracy is coming back. His chemistry with Odell is getting better. Y’all can piss on him as much as you want, but his greater track record is great. His small track record is not. 
I may just have to predict a win against Buffalo. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Holy crap what’s up with the new iPhone formatting?  Sorry guys that’s some sorry ****

That new iPhone format makes your post read like you're a real gas bag. Apology accepted.

Edited by NudeTayne
Agree completely about Campbell and about shutting down the firing talk until the end of season, if still a relevant convo.
  • Like 1