GDT Week 10: Packers vs. Panthers (Martinez on an Island Edition)

AlexGreen#20

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Jimmy Graham too. Guy's been playing for 20 years and doesn't know to drag your foot on the catch....knew that was going to be huge.

Ridge has been player forever and doesn’t know to hit a wide open receiver in the endzone. Knew that was going to be huge. 

I meant ****, they all crapped the bed. Jimmy made a good play just didn’t convert.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:  My thought on last play: It's about what Matt LaFleur, a first-year HC, is telling his team. Yeah, he could've taken the 3 points, but the message clearly would be he doesn't trust his guys to get the yard. Got to show that trust and confidence, and he did. It just didn't work.

I think this whole "coach showing faith in the team" thing is a little overblown by the media. I'm seeing that a lot lately. He's trying to win and should be doing what gives him the best chance. These aren't children out here playing that need daddy to believe in them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The goal is to score on 1st down there, not what happens if we get to 3rd down. 1st and 2nd down we could've run whatever we wanted.

The goal is always to score, but we didn't.  Also play calling is predictable based on down/distance and makes it easier to defend.  Why did we come out with 4 wide at the 2 yard line on 1st and goal?  Because we mismanaged the time.